Michael

Tile Mall

Great to have, but please, put the spawn at the tile mall rather than elsewhere if you're going to make something like this public to everyone, rather than complicate it with world ports.

Zandalari Signature N' The Nekkid Troles.png

1 hour ago, War-God Matt said:

Great to have, but please, put the spawn at the tile mall rather than elsewhere if you're going to make something like this public to everyone, rather than complicate it with world ports.

There is now a tele called tilemall!

1 minute ago, Michael said:

There is now a tele called tilemall!

World port or tele, doesn't matter. If you make some kind of mall for the public to use, especially one for tiles as in this case, best is to have a spawn right at the mall.

Just now, War-God Matt said:

World port or tele, doesn't matter. If you make some kind of mall for the public to use, especially one for tiles as in this case, best is to have a spawn right at the mall.

The tele should take you right to the phase, I have not been online to test it out.

Just now, Michael said:

The tele should take you right to the phase, I have not been online to test it out.

I tried it and no, it does not take you to the phase.

so i guess it all disappeared after the recent restart or it was all moved somewhere else.

nah tiles just broke is all.

Edited by nimorrax

YyIxGPk.jpg
I'm some moron who jumps with rockets in TF2.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/nimorrax2 if you need to find me, here i am. if i don't recognize you, PM me instead. because i ignore names i don't recognize.

"5. Do not plea for sympathy
Do not make posts about how you are leaving the forums. Just leave. 
Do not make posts about how the game isn't fun for you anymore.  Just stop playing.
Do not make posts about how you are going to kill yourself.  Just do it." - My favorite rule

To those unsure, this can also be heavily CPU intensive if you're on high settings and directly looking at all the rendered tiles. I'd recommend at least lowering your view distance before going there. And it simply does take you to the start of your phase rather than the Tile Mall.

sZgpPpc.gif

Some of these look like they're never going to be used, and some look like they wouldn't fit anywhere. Others don't look useful at all. I don't understand the reasoning behind adding so many unneeded patterns. If anything, it is going to drastically make it impossible for someone to choose out of too many options.

While the effort is appreciated, this looks more like quantity > quality. 

Also, what are these? 

9s1hnEC.jpg

1 hour ago, Dove said:

Some of these look like they're never going to be used, and some look like they wouldn't fit anywhere. Others don't look useful at all. I don't understand the reasoning behind adding so many unneeded patterns. If anything, it is going to drastically make it impossible for someone to choose out of too many options.

While the effort is appreciated, this looks more like quantity > quality. 

Also, what are these? 

9s1hnEC.jpg

They were created using an automated system to go through and find 'square' textures and then apply them. Not all are good, such as those. Instead of waiting and going through every single tile first and then removing some and such, they gave us all access to them to begin using as soon as possible. I'm sure now that the tiles can be sorted through and ones like that removed / replaced.

MEwmZ8k.png

j0R3peR.gif

Yeahhhhh... he used textures that fit a perfect square (Chase). A lot of them don't make sense, and we're DEFINITELY missing some textures as well (New Dalaran and WoD Draenei, for example).

Well done, I could use this because my dumbass can think of something he wants to build but can't find the items.

zxZaKpL.png                

S3SCCwW.png            

b6BCJ5k.png

7 hours ago, DavidTwo said:

Yeahhhhh... he used textures that fit a perfect square (Chase). A lot of them don't make sense, and we're DEFINITELY missing some textures as well (New Dalaran and WoD Draenei, for example).

If you're talking about missing tiles from the mall, there's a few hudred missing from the start. The query to delete anything spawned on that map deleted some of the tiles it was spawning. Need to do the query separately.

Apon re-executing the query to try to respawn the few missing tiles from the start. It spawned half the tiles now... Trying to fix it.

On 12/11/2018 at 5:40 AM, Cain said:

Would it ever be possible to make half tiles?

Once we figure out how to make tiles more efficiently. We want to be able to have one object you can set whatever texture for. Currently we have thousands of objects, bloating the system.