Equinox

The Silver Isles

Four years ago, when Sarielle Neryssia was nineteen, she and her father, Jean-Claude, eventually found an island chain inbetween Pandaria and Vashj'ir.  The younger Sari was mystified by it, and asked her father if they could live there.  Being the kind father he was, he agreed to this, and began constructing a small town for them and his fellow sailors.  After two years, Sari's father passed.  By then, it was a bustling port-town.  Sari wanted to continue Jean-Claude's legacy, so she did what she could to make it the greatest possible.  As with her father, she was not afraid of the Horde and rather liked them, leading to the neutrality of the isles.

On Silverthistle Island was built Silverthistle Keep.  On Blackstone Island was built the Blackstone Quarry.  On Greyshard Island was the Greyshard Quarry.  On the Goldmire Island was the Goldmire Cavern.  And on Bloodrest Island was a tribe of trolls.

Now, Sari is left in charge of the town, with her sister nowhere to be found.  Whether you embark on journeys with Sari as your captain, defend the city from various threats, or just relax in its walls, there's always something to do.

I gotta say, there is a bit of a lack of pull in this particular story, You have this really cool base concept being that the settlement was made from a case of inheritance, however you lack some details in some major areas, for example. How did they become a bustling trade town, what goods and products do they offer that make them so desirable, keep in mind port towns have a significantly harder time keeping together mainly for reasons of supplies are very much dependant on larger factions and bodies thus sponsors for these growing settlements are typically needed. Keeping in mind as well Colonial Mortality is SUPER high for various reasons mainly being public health and the dispersal of disease. Food is also another thing you want to consider, growing your own food when it comes to colonial establishment is absolutely paramount to survival and keeping in mind that certain crops can only grow in certain environments, based on the information you have provided, it would seem you would have a tropical biome so work with that! I would imagine that most of this would probably seem like i'm nip picking you, but it's really just to provide you with information regarding the logistical aspect of your phase. Keep that all in mind and i'm sure you'll have one coolio phase. :)

Acf089i.gif

3 hours ago, Matt said:

I gotta say, there is a bit of a lack of pull in this particular story, You have this really cool base concept being that the settlement was made from a case of inheritance, however you lack some details in some major areas, for example. How did they become a bustling trade town, what goods and products do they offer that make them so desirable, keep in mind port towns have a significantly harder time keeping together mainly for reasons of supplies are very much dependant on larger factions and bodies thus sponsors for these growing settlements are typically needed. Keeping in mind as well Colonial Mortality is SUPER high for various reasons mainly being public health and the dispersal of disease. Food is also another thing you want to consider, growing your own food when it comes to colonial establishment is absolutely paramount to survival and keeping in mind that certain crops can only grow in certain environments, based on the information you have provided, it would seem you would have a tropical biome so work with that! I would imagine that most of this would probably seem like i'm nip picking you, but it's really just to provide you with information regarding the logistical aspect of your phase. Keep that all in mind and i'm sure you'll have one coolio phase. :)

Thank you!  I don't mind the criticism, you bring up very valid points.  I'll do my best to update it a bit to be a bit better.  :3

2 hours ago, edgemaster666 said:

Isn't this that one town from that one server with that lesbian hemonancer mayor?

Not only am I changing the phase's story and location and all that goodness, yes, but I'm dropping the lesbian part since what the fuck was the point in clarifying it?  I mean, jesus, that'd just make her seem like an ERP character.  She's also a lot more pacifistic now, and just has the ability to use hemomancy if it is ever necessary.