deron04

old character models

Hi I wanted to know if there exists a patch for the old (pre wod) character models or even individual races.

The standard (low poly) models still exist in the game files, from the options menu, go into System > Advanced Options and tick the box that says 'Show New Character Models'

Epsilon-Dev_2017-09-21_00-01-06.png 

Edited by Grandmaster Pa

9 minutes ago, Grandmaster Pa said:

The standard (low poly) models still exist in the game files, from the options menu, go into System > Advanced Options and tick the box that says 'Show New Character Models'

Epsilon-Dev_2017-09-21_00-01-06.png 

That just gives the old skin over the new models.

7 minutes ago, Grandmaster Pa said:

You sure?

Epsilon-Dev_2017-09-21_00-08-35.pngEpsilon-Dev_2017-09-21_00-09-02.png Epsilon-Dev_2017-09-21_00-09-57.png  Epsilon-Dev_2017-09-21_00-10-18.png 

Uh yeh dude. Look at the running animation for example.

The animations are the same as both models use the same bone rigs that are on both new and old models. They share the same animations, but are otherwise different.

You're referring to the skeleton, not the model itself. The model is the old one, but the skeleton determines the animations, and with the old skeleton, you'd literally have none of the legion animations of any kind.

Can I target specific models? I am not a fan of the undead new versions for instance. If I could turn them back into the badasses they were before, can I?

56 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Can I target specific models? I am not a fan of the undead new versions for instance. If I could turn them back into the badasses they were before, can I?

To target specific models you'd need a patch. Renaming the low poly model to match the HD model e.g. scourge female.m2 to Scourgefemale_HD.m2 as well as the skin files would do the trick for this kind of thing. 

It'd be pretty neat to be able to pick and choose stuff like this ingame. I'll take a look into this and see what our limits are.

Using old character models are not recommended as some NPC skins are not available on the older models. So some peoples characters might not look the way they are supposed to.

11 hours ago, Vraul Jawrip said:

Orcs Everyone looks like shit with the old skins on the new skeletons. 

fixed that 4 u