Sign in to follow this  
Bastille

Temporary Lightsources For Your Phase

there is actually a good amount of light objects, it's called warden_light or something like that. There are several different colors. The thing is you need to activate them (which currently resets on server reset like a lot of things phase related.) To get them to activate you need to do .gob setstate 0 3 and it'll work rather well, plus the lights are scaleable.

Double post by I found the objects, they're under "7wd_warden_cavelight" there are 9 different colors.

adb816369b.jpg

b8198a4f40.jpg

12 hours ago, Reddoh said:

there is actually a good amount of light objects, it's called warden_light or something like that. There are several different colors. The thing is you need to activate them (which currently resets on server reset like a lot of things phase related.) To get them to activate you need to do .gob setstate 0 3 and it'll work rather well, plus the lights are scaleable.

This is very helpful to know, and they're lovely lights. One problem I found is if you have the object activated to glow and then you delete it, the glow stays until you leave the area and return.

Is there a macro one can make to quickly activate/set these lights to be on?

Edited by Bastille

Woof.

10 hours ago, Bastille said:

This is very helpful to know, and they're lovely lights. One problem I found is if you have the object activated to glow and then you delete it, the glow stays until you leave the area and return.

Is there a macro one can make to quickly activate/set these lights to be on?

Not unless like Mindscape or someone makes an addon to take the GUID of the last spawned item. If it did that then you could spawn, it would take the guid then you could make it set the state to 0 3. Since to set the active state you need the guid.

as nice as the cavelights are, they're also kinda bad.

KCan580m.jpgnPJoxyhm.jpg

all i did was zoom in one tick and the light "disappeared" despite still being on state 0 3. it "disappears" from many other angles too. The decklight on the other hand, doesn't actually seem to do that. If we could get decklight recolors in the server patch, that'd be pretty sweet.

DrVcw5sm.jpgS9rptEqm.jpg

YyIxGPk.jpg
I'm some moron who jumps with rockets in TF2.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/nimorrax2 if you need to find me, here i am. if i don't recognize you, PM me instead. because i ignore names i don't recognize.

"5. Do not plea for sympathy
Do not make posts about how you are leaving the forums. Just leave. 
Do not make posts about how the game isn't fun for you anymore.  Just stop playing.
Do not make posts about how you are going to kill yourself.  Just do it." - My favorite rule