Sign in to follow this  
Matt

Empty .WMO loosing draw distance

Hey guys not sure if any of you noticed this, but some of the .WMO's loose their draw distance if you enter them so far iv'e found that the ones that are currently broken is the emptywmo_sw_keep.wmo Is there anything that can be done for this? I'll also keep this thread updated on any other WMO's that might be suffering from the same issue.

Update: emptywmo_sw_cathedraldistrict.wmo is also the same, if you go anywhere behind the cathedral the whole district despawns.

Edited by Matt

Acf089i.gif

Hi Matt,

Render distance can be adjusted server-side. I'll send this to Azarchius for review. (:

Epsilon_Ohana.png

1 hour ago, Matt said:

How do you adjust render distance?

On 9/25/2017 at 9:26 AM, Witch said:

Render distance can be adjusted server-side.

find me on discord @Lehvie#1473

or just find me on a certain other server.
have fun boys

I mean, there's no other real answer aside from; It's server side and azarchius has to poke at it

find me on discord @Lehvie#1473

or just find me on a certain other server.
have fun boys

13 hours ago, Matt said:

How do you adjust render distance?

Unfortunately I'm not familiar enough with the core to answer this question, but I did refer this to Azarchius so he is aware that certain WMOs will not render with the current setting.

Epsilon_Ohana.png

This is not a problem exclusive to the empty WMOs. The regular sw_cathedraldistrict is problematic too. Seems like if you enter the most distant part of the catacombs it vanishes. Nothing to be done--the maximum draw distance is the size of a grid for now. Can look into it later, but the real solution is changing the ground zero of the WMO. @Michael?

sSHRE9G.png

Problem comes from the objects not using the correct geoBox. I don't know how our patch is made, but I know other servers patches use the geobox for stormwind for EVERY WMO and some random orc hut for EVERY M2. This will cause some large objects to either be seen too far, or disappear too short. It is difficult to predict the geoBox without looking at the model file for every game object.

Sign in to follow this