Sign in to follow this  
Arynn

[BIO] Arynn Redflame

Hello people of Epsilon! So, I just wanted to make a bio thread for my character and I need every bit of suggestions and tips to make it feel more linked to the Warcraft universe. There's a FAQ in the end as to why I need your feedback so badly.
Anyways, I hope you enjoy the bio! :D

Ary re-done_zps5oykuvpo.JPG
Pic by: Sunstalker

Character Theme | Voice

"Alliance? Horde? That kid doesn't care about any of that. He'll save everyone he can, from whatever faction and walks of life, even if it costs him his life. But the eleven of us will make sure he succeeds and returns safe and sound." Lorenthus Silverhawk

divider_red.png

Name: Arynn Redflame
Nickname: Ary; Red
Moniker: Half-breed; Redflame; Fire Boy

Race: Half-Elf (Quel'dorei)
Height: 6'2" (1,90m)
Weight: 176lbs (80kg)

Nationality: Stormwindian
Birthplace: Grand Hamlet, Southern Elwynn (Now Darkshire, Duskwood)
Family: Rothruinor Redflame (father; deceased)
      Karya Redflame (mother; deceased)
        Aden Redflame (paternal uncle; alive)

Class: Pyromancer

Alignment: Neutral Good
Affiliation: Himself and his allies/friends
Motto: "When you're surrounded by darkness, that's when your inner fire burns the brightest."

divider_red.png

Appearance and Personality

Arynn is a tall and athletic man, with orange-brownish hair and beard and dual colored eyes, one amber and one blue. His body has numerous scars and burns due to accidents in training or fighting. He also has 4 arcane symbols tattoed on the back of his hands, his abdomen and his forehead that light up when using magic, although they are hidden most of the time.
He wears a mix of cloth and leather, providing him both protection and mobility, and also a red bandana that belonged to his father, using it as a memento. As for weapons, he wields his father's broken blade, broken still because he can't find anyone able to reforge it.

Arynn is pretty easy going with everyone, the kind of person that when you meet him you'll have an ally for life, someone who's allways willing to put everything on the line for his friends if they need aid, his loyalty has no measure. Due to him being so willing to protect his friends, Ary is also quite reckless, if a certain action requires planning he'll do it, but if his commrades are in danger, he skips the planning and rushes in like a wild fire to save them, though his recklessness might prove dangerous to himself from time to time. He also tends to let his anger get the best of him when someone gets innocent lives or his friends lives in danger.
Due to him being a half elf, Ary is sometimes looked down by some members of other races, such as humans, who envy his long lifespan, and High-Elves, who see him as a proof of their race's weakening blood. But because of this, Ary dedicated himself with body and soul to his training and to do good, just to try and get some acceptance or acknowledgement by the same people that look at him that way. His heart is in the right place, he wants to do good everytime he sees it's possible to do so, even if he has to bend the law to do it, if there's something he knows that is unfair to others he'll stop at nothing to get it fixed and make everyone smile.

divider_red.png

Backstory

Arynn was born in what was once known as the Grand Hamlet, in the Southern part of Elwynn Forest, his mother Karya and his father Rothruinor, were both happy that he was born a healthy baby, but this happiness didn't last long, for Ary was born the day when Stormwind fell. His parents protected him from a party of Orcs who attacked the Grand Hamlet, but despite the efforts they were clearly outnumbered, and his mother fell to an arrow that pierced her chest. With this sight, Ary's father let his rage overcome him, and defeated as many orcs as he could, it was then that his brother, Aden, showed up, and both managed to defeat the scouting party. Rothruinor decide to burry Karya's body in the Twilight Grove and asked his brother to take care of Ary, for he would have to join the defense, and didn't know if he would come back alive. Aden promised Rothruinor and from that day, Ary was taken under his uncle's care, and was raised like his own child. He trained him in the arts of pyromancy, although Ary was quite unsuccessful at it for some time, blowing himself up or burning his uncle's eyebrows by mistake, but he managed to get a grip on this art, and through constant training he managed to master it. His uncle also taught him swordsmanship, which he proved to be a natural.

Years passed, and Ary had become a strong young man that could fend for himself, and Aden decided that they should part ways, for he had business to take care of, and he wanted Ary to see the world for himself. Ary tried to know what business demanded his uncle's presence, but a quick pat in the head and a "You will know, once the time is right" was all that he got. Ary understood and with this he started his journey.

He traveled throughout the world, honing his skills, and even managed to learn Pandaren meditation and martial arts in Pandaria, although he was far from mastering it, but it did prove useful despite being at apprentice level. The meditation he preformed there was also a good way to soothe his his recklessness, and even though it didn't prove sufficient, it does help from time to time.

His travels keep going and he keeps training everyday, hoping to one day achieve awnsers to all the questions he has about his family and his purpose.

divider_red.png

Talents and Abilities

Natural leadership: Although Ary doesn't agree with this, his actions and the opinions of those who follow him, say otherwise. His actions torwards his commrades and those in need show that he has the mind of a true leader.
Inspirational speaker: Despite his naivety, Ary has a way with words when he needs to encourage people, making him a bright flame in times of darkness.
Multilingualism: Ary is always trying to learn more, and even though he already knows how to speak Thalassian and Common, he tries to learn as many languages he cans, from dwarvish to orcish, so he can speak with all the varieties of people in the world.
Courage: He has tons of it, even more if his friends are in peril, and is not affraid to put his life on the line for them.
Willpower: Ary doesn't know when to give up, when he hits the ground and he is almost out of strength he just picks himself up and fights for what he believes in.
Swordsmanship: His years with Aden, practicing swordsmanship proved useful, he's able to preform almost perfectly a variety of styles and forms without any unecessary movement.
Pyromancy: Ary did take his time in learning fire magic, but all that training compensated in the long run and now he's a natural at it, this makes him a late bloomer. Now he intends to learn anything related to fire, until he can fully grasp this art.
Arcane Magic: Ary also learned basic arcane magic that should prove useful, such as blinks and teleports, but never really expanded his knowledge on it.
Pandaren Meditation: He learned this during his travels on Pandaria, and he trains this type of meditation everyday, traveling back to Pandaria from time to time to train it further.
Pandaren Martial Arts: Even though Ary's weapon of choice is the sword, he decided to learn Pandaren martial arts so he could fight if his weapon was unusable or out of reach, and despite being on apprentice level, it proves useful in some tight spot situations that catch his opponent unnaware.
Pyro Fighter: He also decided to mix his magic with the martial arts he learned, enveloping his punches and  kicks in flame, or simply throwing fireballs as he punches, although this style is still experimental, it will prove a most useful technique in the future if mastered.
Flame Blade: Despite not being able to reforge his father's blade, his uncle taught him a technique that allows him to shape his flames arround his broken blade. He uses it most of the time and in extremely rare occasions his flames do form the missing of the blade and become physical, like a crystalyzed fire blade.

divider_red.png

Quotes

"I don't care who it is, anyone who lays a finger on my commrades is the enemy, and I'll make sure that I turn them all to ash!"
"Butting my nose where I shouldn't is one of my principle qualities... now, tell me why are you threatening these people before I  decide to use your head as a candle..." 
"Being powerful doesn't give you the right to decide other people's fates, they are free to follow their own path without you threatening them everyday of their lives!" 
"It's true that it isn't pleasant when other people judge you based on your heritage... but it's also true that when the same people acknowledge you, that it is the best thing you ever felt."
"I never liked leading, but if someone trusts me enough to follow my lead I will be sure that I will never betray that trust."
"This fight between Horde and Alliance is pointless... our world is in peril and needs all the help it can get. I just hope that when they realise this, there is still a world to protect..."

divider_red.png

FAQ

Is this backstory everything there is to this character?
No, its not, there's alot more to this character than what I said here, this was my first RP character ever, and I worked on his story through 5 years. I grew so attached to it that to tell his story I decided taht i would be making either a comic or animated series about him (the later would be the hardest one to achieve though). I only adapted his story to fit in World of Warcraft and there might be some things that may be lore-breaking and make him a Mary Sue or a lil' Jimmy Special, that's why i really need your feedback, so i can roleplay him propperly without triggering anyone.
Why have you played this character for so long?
Well, I just met so many interesting people with this character, created so many bonds and stories with him, that somewhere along the way we became the same person, everytime someone calls me Ary, I awnser them like that is my real name, I just can't let go of him due to everything I experienced through him, he's basically already part of me.
How big is his story?
Really big, so big that I'd have to dedicate myself to draw and write (or animate) an entire series to him (which I intend to do obviously).
Are there many characters in it?
Indeed there are, atleast 70% of them are people, friends and guild mates I met roleplaying, the remaining 30% are characters I created myself either to add flavor to his story and tie loose ends, or because I needed key characters for Ary's story, which is the case of Lorenthus Silverhawk for example.
Why will you be using a custom made world?
Well, basically if someone becomes interested in my work and wants to publish it, it would be better if I had a custom world, lore, etc. That's one of the reasons, the other is because I want to make something that I can call mine.

Thank you for reading everyone! I look forward to reading your feedback, and if you have any questions regarding anything in this bio, just ask, I'll gladly awnser your questions! :D

Edited by Arynn

Simply amazing. A restoration to the badass title that is half-elf and with all of this you seem to know exactly how I imagine them. Fantastic. Liked share and subscribed.

8 hours ago, Romeo said:

Simply amazing. A restoration to the badass title that is half-elf and with all of this you seem to know exactly how I imagine them. Fantastic. Liked share and subscribed.

Wow... thank you so much Romeo! :D I'm really glad you liked it!