Sign in to follow this  
Arynn

First WoW commission EVER!

"If you're good at something, never do it for free."

You have the talent, if people are willing to pay for your work ... I'd say take it.

edkEI8P.png

https://curiouscat.me/mordred

Ask me anything, server related or no.

14 minutes ago, Mordred said:

"If you're good at something, never do it for free."

You have the talent, if people are willing to pay for your work ... I'd say take it.

Thank you Mordred :) I'll keep that in mind. It sure doesn't hurt to try :D

Arynn, your artwork is gorgeous! I think there is no shame in accepting money in exchange for your services. You are absolutely qualified enough.

Unfortunately I cannot provide much criticism as I am not much of an artist. However, I like the cartoon style. (:

Epsilon_Ohana.png

6 hours ago, Witch said:

Arynn, your artwork is gorgeous! I think there is no shame in accepting money in exchange for your services. You are absolutely qualified enough.

Unfortunately I cannot provide much criticism as I am not much of an artist. However, I like the cartoon style. (:

Thank you very much Witch! I will definetly think about it. Ando no worries, I'm glad you liked it :D

3 hours ago, Natty said:

You are THAT good, this is great! 

I would love to see more of your art! :D

Wow, thanks Natty! :D I appreciate it, and I'll be sure to post something from time to time :)

Take money for it, dude. Hell, let me know once you've decided on a pricepoint. I love your style!

I'm far from an artist, I couldn't draw a straight line if my life depended on it, in fact. But since you'd asked for criticism, I'll still give some of my highly uneducated opinions on it anyways!

Overall, it's extremely nicely drawn. Impressive work!  The artstyle is great, as I'd said. In my opinion it even fits WoW characters more than hyper-realistic paintings, with how cartoony the game's own style is.
That being said, you seem to have a few proportions done wrong, which I'm not sure if they were done so on request or not, but still. I'll judge as if they weren't deliberate. The nose is a bit too far up, the gap between the lips makes his jaw feel incredibly long. I feel like the eyes/eyebrows on the left could do with a different angle, too? They feel too close to eachother and come off as a little bit uncanny, as if that side of his face protruded a bit more than the other. The goatee also feels a little bit strange, though I can't quite put my finger on what's wrong with it. 
The only other thing I could point out, which is completely a matter of personal preference, is that the area where you're cutting off the drawing could look a bit better if you had gradiated them instead of cutting off outright. This isn't difficult to do, just grab a soft-ass eraser brush (depends on your editing tool of choice, I'm not very used to photoshop, I work with paint.NET, free program, love it, though) and touch it up a little bit, so the color fades away into the background.
Still, that's just me looking -really- deeply into it to try and criticize it as much as I can. It looks wonderful and I might be interested in commissioning you for something in the future, if you were open something like that. Solid eight out of ten!

Edited by FilthySlovak

That's pretty sweet, there, mate. Personally I like it, doing well with proportions and a fair care to shading. The more you draw the better it will get but that's not something you need anyone's critique on just now.

Still, a simple saying. Disregarding what was said before.

If people want to pay you for your work, only reason not to accept it is if you intend to do a sloppy job. Cheers o7

Edited by Kayn96

6 hours ago, FilthySlovak said:

Take money for it, dude. Hell, let me know once you've decided on a pricepoint. I love your style!

I'm far from an artist, I couldn't draw a straight line if my life depended on it, in fact. But since you'd asked for criticism, I'll still give some of my highly uneducated opinions on it anyways!

Overall, it's extremely nicely drawn. Impressive work!  The artstyle is great, as I'd said. In my opinion it even fits WoW characters more than hyper-realistic paintings, with how cartoony the game's own style is.
That being said, you seem to have a few proportions done wrong, which I'm not sure if they were done so on request or not, but still. I'll judge as if they weren't deliberate. The nose is a bit too far up, the gap between the lips makes his jaw feel incredibly long. I feel like the eyes/eyebrows on the left could do with a different angle, too? They feel too close to eachother and come off as a little bit uncanny, as if that side of his face protruded a bit more than the other. The goatee also feels a little bit strange, though I can't quite put my finger on what's wrong with it. 
The only other thing I could point out, which is completely a matter of personal preference, is that the area where you're cutting off the drawing could look a bit better if you had gradiated them instead of cutting off outright. This isn't difficult to do, just grab a soft-ass eraser brush (depends on your editing tool of choice, I'm not very used to photoshop, I work with paint.NET, free program, love it, though) and touch it up a little bit, so the color fades away into the background.
Still, that's just me looking -really- deeply into it to try and criticize it as much as I can. It looks wonderful and I might be interested in commissioning you for something in the future, if you were open something like that. Solid eight out of ten!

Haha, thank you very much :D and I will do that (probably even make a post about it in the future). Also, for someone who is not an artist that was a really in depth criticism that I really appreciate. I can totaly see the stuff you pointed out and I will try to correct those mistakes on my next piece! Thank you very much! :D

3 hours ago, Kayn96 said:

That's pretty sweet, there, mate. Personally I like it, doing well with proportions and a fair care to shading. The more you draw the better it will get but that's not something you need anyone's critique on just now.

Still, a simple saying. Disregarding what was said before.

If people want to pay you for your work, only reason not to accept it is if you intend to do a sloppy job. Cheers o7

Thank you, I'm glad you liked it! :D yeah, practice makes perfect I guess. And I also don't intend to do a sloppy job, it's just the fear that it might not br to the person's expectations, fear of failing, sort of. But I understand what you mean and really appreciate the advice! Thanks! :)

3 hours ago, Romeo said:

Looks fucking awesome?

Ahaha, thanks Romeo :D

Awesome work!  If you ever start regular commissions, I'd be willing to pay for a good piece.  :)

Vraul

1 minute ago, Vraul Jawrip said:

Awesome work!  If you ever start regular commissions, I'd be willing to pay for a good piece.  :)

Thank you! And sure! I'll inform you if I do :D

Oh neat! I'd pay for something like that. Easily 25€ just for a portrait. 

2 hours ago, Kitty said:

Oh neat! I'd pay for something like that. Easily 25€ just for a portrait. 

Ahaha, thank you! I still have to figure out how to price my stuff propperly tbh. From what other artists tell me it depends on what the people are asking'for, I'll probably work out a chart or something and try to balance the values without under or over'pricing the stuff.

I would 162% ask you to draw a character, I really dig your art style. If you are willing to do a drawing for me let me know!

Acf089i.gif

4 hours ago, Matt said:

I would 162% ask you to draw a character, I really dig your art style. If you are willing to do a drawing for me let me know!

Ahaha, thank you! And sure! You can pm me if you want! :D

On 9/30/2017 at 9:32 PM, Arynn said:

So... the ones who saw my intro post a while back know that I'm an aspiring concept artist, this is not concept art though, just a piece I made for a friend from Argent Dawn EU, this lovely elven chap is Ranger Captain Lorinthul Autumnfury. I'd like some criticism if someone can provide it, especially if there are artists among you, i'd like to know where can I improve. This guy also showed it to some of his friends and now people want to pay me to do this stuff... I'm not bad at drawing, but i don't think I'm THAT good to accept money for my stuff, you guys think I should start accepting this kind of stuff?

Lorinthul final.jpg

Listen up, your art is fucking beautiful.  I would pay for this, so much.  Unfortunately, I'm a bum and can't afford to!  But there's no shame in accepting cash for work.  This is far better than I could ever do or hope for.  Seriously, don't be ashamed in taking money.  I love the style, and everything about it.

fdfgsdfgs.png