Sign in to follow this  
mamozen

[Request] Incubus for Warlock

Any possibility you guys could make a clone of the Succubus Warlock minion using a custom incubus model?

ETA:  Yes, I was talking about changing the succubus' morph to create a variant spell, much like the different Polymorphs official WoW now has. I am hopeful it can be done.

UPDATE:

SchlarkenRose had previously offered to help make a model for the incubus, but due to personal circumstances was unable to proceed. So I am leaving a proposal here for those in the know of modeling to see if anyone would take up the task.

Modeler/s would need to take the high-def satyr model, remove much of the body hair other features (beard, arm and shoulder hair, upper thigh fur, spikes), tweak the remaining polygons, and paint more handsome/visually appealing textures.

As discussed, creating the model appears to be the first major step between concept and product. Anyone who takes up this request and works out creating the incubus model will have will be greatly thanked. :3

Edited by mamozen

I'd be down to help you out and play a demon but I just can't be active on anything other than Glaeweth lol, can't play alts :<

Edited by Romeo

2 minutes ago, Romeo said:

I'd be down to help you out and play a demon but I just can't be active on anything other than Glaeweth lol, can't play alts :<

I think he's asking for a morph to be added for a male variant Sayaad

find me on discord @Lehvie#1473

or just find me on a certain other server.
have fun boys

Just now, ScharlakenRose said:

I think he's asking for a morph to be added for a male variant Sayaad

Oh! Gee I'm dumb, gee. Uh.... Don't think there is any, but there's plenty of megaskilled editors like @Mordred and @Chase (?) out there, so... I think it can be done!

Q: Do incubi exist?

A: There are several different rumors concerning the male counterparts to the demonic succubus race, and it's clear that the succubi are responsible for all of them. A few of the more common rumors are:[3]

1. Yes, there are incubi, but the spell to summon them has been conveniently forgotten by mortal practitioners and Burning Legion agents.
  2. Incubi are kept as slaves on their home planet, having been rendered incapable of escape or independent movement.
  3. The succubi consumed the males of their race when they were brought into the Burning Legion. (Alternatively, the act of devouring the males is what caught the attention of the Burning Legion.)

(pulled from WoWwiki)

Mortal Warlocks (at least until blizzard says otherwise) Probably don't have the spell to summon them, and considering the Legion might not have the spell either, they're likely extremely weak, since they're supposedly slaves on their home world.

Edited by Mordred
merged doublepost

have fun boys

Even though earlier on Blizz said that they were working on adding the incubus.

Pretty sure that text above is that they forgot and are now lazy.

Welcome to WoW. Though Aside from that, even if it were plausible to have an Incubus as a subjugated demon, we only have vague imagery of them. and unfortunatley, that image I talk about looks more like a Satyr being impaled by a titan, though that's probably not the case. So you could probably get away with using a Satyr model until maybe one of the devs wants to make a male Saayad. 

have fun boys

15 hours ago, Matt said:

nO

13 hours ago, Beast said:

"For reasons" rite?

It's answers like these that doesn't provide valuable answers when this is a suggestion subforum. For alternate meshes to be in my honest opinion, would be neat, but there are lore contingencies, and we'd also need to go over and re-rig animations with bones involved.  I don't really find it all that fascinating or would take the time and effort to create a whole new mesh with animations myself, but we aren't really looking into that. Color variations maybe or tweaked edits like removing the whip, but that's about it for right now.

But yeah, for me, I see lore contingencies involved and it isn't really all that roleplay involved especially in the Warcraft universe in my opinion if that makes sense.

sZgpPpc.gif

8 hours ago, Erebos said:

It's answers like these that doesn't provide valuable answers when this is a suggestion subforum.

Forgot we were all so serious here and couldn't joke. Forgive us for our crimes.

1 hour ago, Mordred said:
10 hours ago, Erebos said:

there are lore contingencies

Enough said.

I still don't see why you're dead set on only lore-friendly things getting in, as it seems to be any time someone so much as mentions custom-lore, bet hey, you do you i suppose

have fun boys

1 hour ago, ScharlakenRose said:

I still don't see why you're dead set on only lore-friendly things getting in, as it seems to be any time someone so much as mentions custom-lore, bet hey, you do you i suppose

It's my own personal preference in all honesty compared to others. Even though anything added to roleplay I know can be beneficial. I'm way more at leisure with that terminology than most people probably. Even if that's straying a bit off topic of the original idea.

sZgpPpc.gif

10 minutes ago, Erebos said:

It's my own personal preference in all honesty compared to others. Even though anything added to roleplay I know can be beneficial. I'm way more at leisure with that terminology than most people probably. Even if that's straying a bit off topic of the original idea.

it was pointed more towards mordred, whom had quoted your post. it seemed like his intent was to squash further discussion

have fun boys

4 hours ago, Beast said:

Forgot we were all so serious here and couldn't joke. Forgive us for our crimes.

They gonna put us in the timeout corner

Acf089i.gif

Hi mamozen,

While there are 3D modelers on our dev team, I hope you will understand the highly advanced nature of your request. Beyond creating a new model for the incubus (which includes texturing, UV mapping, animations, skeleton and bones) this will require us to edit multiple creature and spell DB2s and would consume far too many resources than is worthwhile.

If somebody on the dev team finishes their projects and has the desire to invest in this project they may. But I would advise you not to hold out for this being implemented.

Epsilon_Ohana.png

2 hours ago, Witch said:

animations, skeleton and bones

we could get away with using the satyr skeleton, considering the only artwork depiction we have of an incubus looks near identical to the satyr, it could honestly be as simple as editing the satyr model
Incubus.jpg?version=d3695eb6b9019f4dbb4a Seeing as this is apparently a titan fighting demons, the satyr wouldn't be around just yet.

have fun boys

Rose, I think you're on to something. Modelers can just take the satyr model, remove a grand majority of body hair, and pretty up the textures. :3

Personally I haven't looked at the HD Satyr models, but I think alot of the hair is on-texture with a few "cowlicks" modeled. I could probably look at doing the texture, i'd just need to get an older 7.1 repack server to test it on

have fun boys

I don't think time needs to be wasted on a custom incubus model for maybe a hand's count of people.

9kTXiSH.png

2 minutes ago, Mithaniel said:

I don't think time needs to be wasted on a custom incubus model for maybe a hand's count of people.

time wasted? its an option available on a private WoW RP server. literally anything that can be added is just as valid as anything else. not everyone wants mordred's coats patch but it's likely getting added anyway.

have fun boys

not to mention it may not even have to be a custom model, likely just a retexture of the HD Satyr

have fun boys

A majority do, though. Where as a very small minority have voiced themselves for an incubus model.

tbh, there's better things that could be done - like hair, hair colors, eye colors, etc. stuff that has more value to an rp server than some vague demon race.

9kTXiSH.png

Just now, Mithaniel said:

A majority do, though. Where as a very small minority have voiced themselves for an incubus model.

tbh, there's better things that could be done - like hair, hair colors, eye colors, etc. stuff that has more value to an rp server than some vague demon race.

lucky for me then that I'm not a dev, and if it's done without the devs having to do it, no time is wasted, my guy

have fun boys