Sign in to follow this  
mamozen

[Request] Incubus for Warlock

the devs can easily just sit back and continue whatever it is they're already working on if it can be finished and posted and be suggested for implementation

find me on discord @Lehvie#1473

or just find me on a certain other server.
have fun boys

fun thing is that: it has to be implemented. personal patches aren't a thing anymore.

which prevents useless stuff like this from happening.

9kTXiSH.png

see this is my problem here. all of you pulling the whole "personal patches aren't a thing, this is stupid to me so it's not happening" 
It's up to Tia iirc. And you guys coming across as hostile as you do easily drive off anyone who has a nice suggestion. Mind you this is just my opinion based on my observation on several people acting exactly as you are, so take it as you will.

I'd just suggest you leave the deciding of whether or not it should be implemented up to Dera, Azarchius, or Tia. I'll continue to attempt to work on this and then it'll be up to them.

have fun boys

This topic has quickly become derailed, but allow me to clear some of the air:

Content creators are more than welcome to submit their work for review and implementation. The purpose of the CDN server, aside from paving the way for 7.3, was to make it possible to add to the game instead of having to overwrite files. As mentioned previously I do not think that the dev team has the time to dedicate to this suggestion currently but anyone is welcome to create the custom model or re-texture for an incubus and submit it.

With all that has happened in the Warcraft universe since the releases of Chronicle and Legion I fail to see how incubi are an impossible occurrence. The succubi have perpetrated the rumors from CDev which leaves room for a creative license can be explored. They come from the same planet: what if a succubus summons an incubus to do her bidding, perhaps to infatuate oneself with a female target, or as fuel for some profane fel ritual, or so on? Perhaps somebody will host an event series that explores the long lost secrets of the incubi. We have already been to several prominent Legion worlds including Argus and Nathreza in the Illidan novel.

It is possible to abide by Warcraft lore and be creative. (:

Epsilon_Ohana.png

even then, it's not like custom lore should be completely frowned on as it seems to be, as it opens up ways to enjoy the server, and last I checked, we're all here to have fun, not be at eachother's necks over who abides tightly to lore and who smudges it to make things more fun and interesting.

have fun boys

Anyhoo, I'll be getting on some texture work to see what can be done for this, I'll keep updated with progress on it

have fun boys

Thank you, Rose and Witch. The purpose of my request was to open up just one possible way to further customize the Warcraft roleplaying experience.

Canon or custom, so long as it doesn't take a hammer to any hard stances of common sense, then a lot of things should remain possible. A warlock with an incubus minion would not and should not, as far as I know, provide a detriment to the lore, or to any hard mechanics for that matter.

Edited by mamozen

3 minutes ago, mamozen said:

A warlock with an incubus minion would not and should not, as far as I know, provide a detriment to the lore.

this. the CDev stuff only said they all "conveniently forgot how to summon it" i think it's them just covering for not wanting to expand on it

have fun boys

10 minutes ago, ScharlakenRose said:

even then, it's not like custom lore should be completely frowned on as it seems to be, as it opens up ways to enjoy the server, and last I checked, we're all here to have fun, not be at eachother's necks over who abides tightly to lore and who smudges it to make things more fun and interesting.

Much like other phase-based servers in the past, the phases on Epsilon are autonomous. I attended a Silverthistle role-play today which is not based entirely in lore and has custom aspects. Everyone has their own opinion on how to role-play. It is as simple as agreeing to disagree, my previous post was intended to offer a solution both sides could agree on.

Whether you incorporate custom lore into your phase or you abide strictly by lore (or somewhere in-between) your phase is yours to do with as you wish. I would be happy to continue this conversation in private if you feel this is an issue that affects the community at large, or on a relevant thread.

7 minutes ago, mamozen said:

Thank you, Rose and Witch. The purpose of my request was to open up just one possible way to further customize the Warcraft roleplaying experience.

Canon or custom, so long as it doesn't take a hammer to any hard stances of common sense, then a lot of things should remain possible. A warlock with an incubus minion would not and should not, as far as I know, provide a detriment to the lore.

Of course! I look forward to seeing what Scarlet comes up with for the incubus, and I am confident Tiariana will help to make sure the final product is implemented. (:

Epsilon_Ohana.png

And as of now, unfortunately due to personal circumstances, I can't work on this, nor anything else. hopefully someone else will come along to work on this.

have fun boys

Sorry to hear. I hope you pull through what you're going through, and I too hope that someone else can help with this.

I'll be updating the first post with what I have proposed earlier.

Edited by mamozen