Sign in to follow this  
Scarlet

Question: Disk Space Management

Hello, so I have a simple question for anyone willing to help out. What do you all do for Disk management and Desktop Icon organization?

I can never seem to actually find anything that help with it, so any suggestions are plenty welcome!

find me on discord @Lehvie#1473

or just find me on a certain other server.
have fun boys

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

This is a very good tool for clearing up shit on your computer that stores up like dust. Once a month or so should be fine, scan it, run it, GG.

As for icon organization? What do you mean icon organization? What kind of help would you need when all it is is either having shortcuts there, or not having them there? xD

7 minutes ago, Romeo said:

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

This is a very good tool for clearing up shit on your computer that stores up like dust. Once a month or so should be fine, scan it, run it, GG.

As for icon organization? What do you mean icon organization? What kind of help would you need when all it is is either having shortcuts there, or not having them there? xD

I use CCleaner, however it doesn't touch any of the various folders that games leave behind unnecessarily in the Documents library. And for Icons, I'm looking for some Solution to keeping it all organized rather than having a mass of icons crowding the left side of my screen

have fun boys

I understand. I know there's some software that makes it look clean and shit, but I think the easiest solution is just cleaning it up manually, you know? Have your desktop the way you are by customizing it. Keep the shortcuts you want and remove what you don't want, most things on your desktop are shortcuts anyway so you can safely remove them.

7 hours ago, Romeo said:

I understand. I know there's some software that makes it look clean and shit, but I think the easiest solution is just cleaning it up manually, you know? Have your desktop the way you are by customizing it. Keep the shortcuts you want and remove what you don't want, most things on your desktop are shortcuts anyway so you can safely remove them.

Indeed. The trouble is when I have folders there (Which I really shouldn't anyway, because anything on the desktop ends up getting loaded into RAM for quick access)

have fun boys

Make a new folder in whatever disk you wanna use and copy the folders into that folder then? Call it like, dicks or something. I do that all the time lol

r2ctI0b.png

15 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Make a new folder in whatever disk you wanna use and copy the folders into that folder then? Call it like, dicks or something. I do that all the time lol

r2ctI0b.png

Well, for the moment I seem to have a slightly bigger problem. Seems -something- has revoked permissions from my user account to access CCleaner.

have fun boys

Problem resolved. Working on sorting through all of my random files now

have fun boys

I save all my games to a new "F:/Games/" folder. However I'm running outa disk space myself so I mean maybe I'm not the best adviser on this lmao. But yea - That helps me keep my games organized at least.

MEwmZ8k.png

j0R3peR.gif