???️

3X3: Broadening Your Musical Palette

Music is a unique, varied, and malleable form of art that breathes life into almost every other aspect of culture and media. For me, personally, music has played an important role in my development as an individual. Though I don't have any particular talent musically, music and musicians that I have been introduced to over the years have been key players in my tastes and personality, and that remains a constant to this day. With that in mind, I had the idea for an experiment (when I say 'had an idea', I really mean 'stole the idea from /mu/ and a dozen other boards on 4chan') in which we would present 9 albums in a three-by-three grid (preferably 900x900 image size and coupled with links), with the express purpose of sharing our tastes and introducing each other to new music. The albums don't have to be current or obscure, or really fit any sort of theme, rather any music you think deserves to be shared and might deserve more recognition. Hopefully we can get lots of people into lots of new artists, and maybe even new genres they either thought they didn't like, or were entirely unaware of. I'll kick things off with nine very chill albums I've been listening to to get into the fall mood, as fall has always been a pretty mellow time of year for me.

Y2JhraP.jpg

VACATIONS - Vibes & Days

Yellow Days - Harmless Melodies

Mac DeMarco - Salad Days

Tame Impala - Currents

Motorama - Poverty

Midlake - The Trials of Van Occupanther

Ducktails - The Flower Lane

Peach Pit - Sweet F.A.

El Vy - Return to the Moon

Edited by Richard

This is a really nice idea, perhaps even making a YouTube playlist of everything in here could be nice. Just bump or edit the original post every now and then with update date.

3x3abums.png

Alan Parsons Project - Eye in the Sky

Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells
(Studio version not available on YouTube)

King Crimson - Epitaph

Pink Floyd - Pigs (Three Different Ones)

Sky - Toccata and Fugue in D Minor

The Police - Message in a Bottle

Dire Straits - Money For Nothing

David Bowie - Time

The Killers - The Man

is there a way to easily do this 900x900 thing beside photoshopping? i got so many songs and albums but i really can't choose if it takes 50 years a piece to do the picture

17 minutes ago, Romeo said:

is there a way to easily do this 900x900 thing beside photoshopping? i got so many songs and albums but i really can't choose if it takes 50 years a piece to do the picture

sorry for off topic, but @Romeo you can use ms paint

when u make new doc go to properties and set width and height to 900 x 900 pixels. Then on google images just do a search for artist album name 300x300 then find one thaqt is 300 by 300 then view full size image, copy and paste into paint. rinse n repeat

Edited by Grandmaster Pa

mosaice5afa50cca4c6457253b0d121db7af6fa5

1 Bitch, I Operate - MBEST https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lS7Zx_JU-oE
2 Kansas - Carry on my Wayward Son
3 Barns Courtney - Glitter and Gold
4 The Avalanches - Frontier Psychologist
5 Regulator - Clutch
6 I Fight Dragons - Money
7 Grandson - Bills
8 Wild Horses - Bishop Briggs
9 See when you see me - Edubble

Regulator by Clutch is hands down my favourite song. I'm a sucker for that stuff.

3 hours ago, Romeo said:

http://www.online-image-editor.com/

aight, i guess ill play along

image.thumb.png.027c28bb2466a455a6a325a8dc5d72bc.png

KMFDM - WW3 (German industrial)

AMYL AND THE SNIFFERS - GOT YOU (Australian pub rock)

THY ART IS MURDER - DEATH SQUAD ANTHEM (Australian deathcore)

BLACK DAHLIA MURDER - WARBORN (melodic death metal)

TOXIC HOLOCAUST - ACID FUZZ (thrash metal)

WOLFBRIGADE - HAMMER TO THE SKULL (Swedish hardcore punk)

MOLCHAT DOMA - SUDNO (Russian doomer beats)

DEAD KENNEDYS - POLICE TRUCK (classic punk)

THE SWORD - LAWLESS LANDS (an absolute all-round banger. would recommend to anyone)

Edited by Java