Sign in to follow this  
DerpyDoo

Phase Lists

Phase lists, please. Something. A stopgap while waiting. A way to possibly entice the few people around into a phase so the RP server can have some RP. Anything. Whatever needs to be done with that.

I sincerely apologise, fellow female, for the one command which was .phase overview was broken and we sadly did not replace it with anything when we had taken it away. Thank you for your understanding.

We have global channels that allow for phase advertisements. An RP list functionality would be a crude implementation that will not achieve any significant benefits for a phase which takes the time to make an advertisement once every five minutes.

We are considering returning Phase Overview, but for the same reasons, we do not expect its reimplementation to be of any help whatsoever. Not many people just blindly walk into a phase.

Also, this goes in Suggestion Box.

sSHRE9G.png

I guess this is true. Not many people enter phases.

On a sidenote, it IS admittedly probably too late. However, some fashion of persistent phase list system WOULD be far far better than eventannounce. It's been shown and proven to be a reliable way of getting people to review phases that are currently hosting. I disagree one hundred percent with the approximation that it wont benefit phases. Only that it's maybe too late for most things to benefit phases.

Edited by DerpyDoo

Also, as part of my disagreement, 'blindly walking into a phase' is actually 90% of publicly hosted phase attendance.

the thing i think people need to understand is that, sure, we have a global advertisement. woohoo, great.

problem? it's not listing itself, and phase overview isn't exactly the most optimal way of doing it, lol. it's better than nothing, sure, but eh...

we'll take RPH for example, how they have phases host every so often and stay on a direct listing that people can just type a small command, see the list of active phases hosting, and join into the bunch. it's so much easier to do that and promotes easy RP, as people logging in literally have no fucking clue anything is going on, which renders the point of having advertising entirely moot if they can't even see it.

Everything the above has said. It's been proven to work already. And right now, it's my opinion it's contributed drastically to the state of things.

We will consider it. I'll just note that the RP scene survived for many years without the equivalent of a 'phase list', and RPH is unique among servers with its implementation.

Rest assured that an implementation is arriving as soon as we can address it.

sSHRE9G.png

Just now, Azarchius said:

We will consider it. I'll just note that the RP scene survived for many years without the equivalent of a 'phase list', and RPH is unique among servers with its implementation.

Rest assured that an implementation is arriving as soon as we can address it.

Please do understand the reality that Epsilon isn't competing against those servers. It's competing against RPH, and it's at the moment lacking in commands, population, motivation, systems... it should be clear why there's so few people. I want so badly to see Epsilon do well because quite honesty like many people I don't have a real option to go anywhere else anymore.

And it was bad enough that there are those out there who are in the same place that have outright said they don't even want to bother with the RP scene anymore because of it. People chose nothing at all over Epsilon, because to them it's just about the same thing. No RP.

Bless you Derpy, and yeah sure, the RP scene survived without it years beforehand on Div. Alright, I'll give you that, but we're not in the past anymore. I'm not sure how much you've really scratched from RPH, but the players and commands make it that more appealing. Looking at it from a realistic sense, why would anyone want to come here, what does it offer that's truthfully different? She is right though with saying that people would rather not RP at all than come here, and that's extremely depressing.

Something needs to be done, and I certainly think another thing that's quite sad to me in essence, would have to be the staff. Those of which that end up as a literal 'who' when you ask or speak of their name. I'm utterly confused on the notion of ever taking in GM's that don't even play the game, but I digress.

P.S. I don't agree with the things going on with Witch and have lost a lot of respect for them in many ways, although one thing I will say, don't delete their fucking posts. That's one of the more shady and scummy things that can be done, especially when they -DID- speak a lot of truth in their post. Just because it might not be satisfactory as per your 'kind' wishes, don't delete the damn thing.

4 hours ago, DerpyDoo said:

I guess this is true. Not many people enter phases.

On a sidenote, it IS admittedly probably too late. However, some fashion of persistent phase list system WOULD be far far better than eventannounce. It's been shown and proven to be a reliable way of getting people to review phases that are currently hosting. I disagree one hundred percent with the approximation that it wont benefit phases. Only that it's maybe too late for most things to benefit phases.

4 hours ago, DerpyDoo said:

Everything the above has said. It's been proven to work already. And right now, it's my opinion it's contributed drastically to the state of things.

You can edit messages to prevent double posting.

An RP list feature would be nice, or if we could get something similar to what we use on retail via group finder, that'd be neat.

Being unable to see what is hosting as soon as you log in is annoying, and having to wait for an announcement is just not that great. Divinity had an RP Network. Though this goes back pretty far, I vaguely remember eche having something that enabled you to see what was hosting too.

What if multiple phases are hosting, and the advertisers continuously bump one another into oblivion? Scrolling up 2-3 messages seems a bit harsh if you don't have your chat window modified to take up 40% of the UI.

It doesn't even need to be like RPH's where it displays number of players, just a simple phase: summary. Or quickjoin/group finder thatd be neat

Sign in to follow this