Sign in to follow this  
DerpyDoo

[Phase 288] The Miniaturium

The Miniaturium

2946a66c1f572632a9ea0b6e88d362f70d605e29

(Temporary Image)

The Ethereals are a race of merchants, run by companies or consortiums that travel the Great Dark Beyond in search of exploitable opportunities. Older than the Draenei, haters of the Void, and lovers of profit. Like their much more small-minded goblin counterparts, there are various amounts of conflict between these ethereal corporations who eventually obtain their own identities through the goods, technology, or services that they provide. Their vast nexus-ships and transdimensional portal networks allow them to wander the universe after the loss of their planet, K'aresh to the void.

Similarly to goblins, many ethereals have what - to many other races and societies - can be considered... malleable ethics. Corporeal life is simply too commonplace across the galaxy, and most of that life barely travels to more than one planet in its lifetime - if it's lucky. It makes it easy to ignore the customs of 'natives' on the planets that they extort. Occasionally with manipulation, occasionally with violence, sometimes with absolutely no contact at all as what they desire is taken. The ones who usually show the least restraint but the most instinct and savvy are the ones that rise to the top. The Nexus-Princes.

We now move to Nexus-Prince J'hraaq, of the Thaumic Union. An ethereal who has made his own corporation on the concept of 'terraforming', seeding completely dead planets with life - to some amount of success. Whether as exploitable nature reservations, or luxurious resorts for those who can pay the price to lounge on such designer planets, it has seen J'hraaq blessed with overwhelming profit. His business making him have very definitive viewpoints on corporeal life, he holds both an extreme irreverence and astounding fascination for the struggles of lesser creatures. It had become his passion. And, his hobbies reflect these passions. As some wealthy Executives might have a fish tank filled with exotic fish, or a terrarium with a rare, endangered creature... J'hraaq's tastes are far more befitting someone of his excessive wealth and maniacal passions. Enter; The Miniaturium.

A small Biodome which was multilayered for additional security, around the size of a holographic table, complete with its own very detailed and intensive monitoring systems. It holds atmospheric systems, ambient magic collectors and dispensaries, multiple biomes, security safeguards, and much more. A fantastic, no expense spared endeavor... for one purpose.

Housing sentient life.

Though certainly controversial, there are no laws against such things in space. The venture, considered eccentric at best by certain more personable corporations and an exciting prospect by others, is either considered amusing, enthralling, or uninteresting by the Ethereal populace at large. The Thaumic Union rarely does business with external races, so with care they selected specimens from worlds that do very little business on the galactic front and have even less interstellar experience. Backwater worlds, containing them in what is essentially a perfect minuscule prison. The most horrifying thing... nothing is expected of them.

There are no experiments. No tests. No tampering.

Their needs are cared for. Their desires attended to.

Guests for life of a beautifully perfect cage of gold.

And the only law is no harm must come to the dome... after that, there is complete freedom within its walls.

Some might find this an opportunity. A way to escape the horrors of the worlds they were seemingly plucked from. Some who lived in poverty might find it a wonderful change.

Others who brought old hatreds with them might find this simply a new venue, a new battlefront. Others might be unable to handle captivity, the helplessness and seek to break free of a seemingly impossible prison.

There may be those who look to make the best of the situation. And those who see this as finally a chance to be free and unfettered from the laws of the societies they had come from, whether to commit violence or not.

All of it lies within the purview of the Nexus-Prince, as he watches his little subjects with enraptured delight in a dancing drama unfolding before his very eyes. His exhibit. His little executive terrarium.

His Miniaturium.

OOC INFORMATION

Each person who arrives in the dome is outfitted with an implant. This implant is wired into their body on a deep level, and is capable of mild to lethal shock, injection, tracking and monitoring of vitals. It is also capable of requisitions for supplies. Every living thing, including wildlife, is tagged with a similar implant of some description. Creatures with unique physiology would have adaptations to their implant in order for greatest effectiveness.

Due to the nature of the situation, no demons, demon hunters, constructs - titanic or otherwise, or incorporeal creatures can be introduced to the Dome for story reasons.

Due to issues in the past, no dragons or other giant/oversized creatures may be introduced to the Dome. Mogu are not permitted as well, due to consistent issue with them both IC and OOC. All specimens went through thorough analysis before entry, so such instances would have been discovered.

However, due to the nature of the roleplay there are many races which may not normally be welcome that are. These races include: Uncursed and Cursed Arakkoa, Ogres, Kobolds, Gnolls, Naga, Murlocs, and MANY more. Please contact Caretaker if you have any concerns about the nature of your character's race.

There is no OOC claiming of territory or buildings within the Miniaturium, all claims must be enforced IC.

While player death is not something actively encouraged, as the phase is not an arena by its pure nature, player death within the Miniaturium must be accepted under proper circumstances.

Magic is dry and restricted within the dome. Magical use that you are uncertain about should be confirmed with Caretaker, however some basic information is here:

Arcane is weakened. Persistent arcane effects are constantly drained. Mana does not naturally restore itself, no leyline or ambient magic is available. However, mana rations are available from dispensaries located in each major settlement's Mage Tower. Teleportation and Portaling only functions within the dome. Attempts to transport outside of it result in an impact against the shield itself, with a premature drop out of the teleport.

Chi requires a couple of days to get used to, presumably due to your new size, however upon becoming accustomed it functions as normal.

The Light and the Shadow both function, however they are weakened due to the size of your characters. This does not affect very much when interacting with other creatures on your scale, however, so mechanically it is not dramatically different. However, these magics affect you at an EXCESSIVELY faster rate. Light magic bolsters you and makes you more vigorous. Shadow magic causes exhaustion, atrophy, and emotionlessness at a far faster rate as well.

Void is despised by the Ethereals, and will result in immediate termination of a specimen implementing it.

Due to size, and the weakening of your soul energy, Fel Magic is excessively self destructive. Within seconds of channeling a fel magic spell, the caster's soul would flare up and burn out of them - leaving them an empty husk. Summoning does not work here, due to the rift barrier the dome projects, but even if it did the smallest imp would still be gigantic in comparison to any inhabitant of the Dome.

Hopefully it's better moderated this time around.

zxZaKpL.png                

S3SCCwW.png            

b6BCJ5k.png

It is. This time we don't allow Demon Hunters. Unless I just completely fail to realize, and they didnt read the forum post

21 minutes ago, DerpyDoo said:

It is. This time we don't allow Demon Hunters. Unless I just completely fail to realize, and they didnt read the forum post

I'll likely be popping in. time to wage a tiny war

find me on discord @Lehvie#1473

or just find me on a certain other server.
have fun boys

Never bothered to ask but are we going to have to mod our scale into being /super/ tiny (aka .1) or would we just remain our normal scales that we had before entering the phase? (If it’s in the post some where I didn’t see it o-o)

7161db656ac1eb8681cb73b8d4ea4755.gif

5 hours ago, Rosebane said:

Never bothered to ask but are we going to have to mod our scale into being /super/ tiny (aka .1) or would we just remain our normal scales that we had before entering the phase? (If it’s in the post some where I didn’t see it o-o)

I tinker with perspective, you dont have to change your scale at all. Everything else outside the dome is big. The experience IS best with .visibility far though, it's built around that setting.

20 hours ago, DerpyDoo said:

Such a smartass response

zxZaKpL.png                

S3SCCwW.png            

b6BCJ5k.png

2 hours ago, Norshar said:

Such a smartass response

but deserved ;)

have fun boys

not again

[Gunmar] says: "I can't believe this 'Arahi' woman went down so fast. Storm my arse."

GUd5X5D.png

Spoiler

wye3c336bj4.jpg

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

13 hours ago, ScharlakenRose said:

but deserved ;)

no it's not, it was poorly moderated last time. she could of taken it several ways but concluded it with a retort.

zxZaKpL.png                

S3SCCwW.png            

b6BCJ5k.png

10 minutes ago, Norshar said:

no it's not, it was poorly moderated last time. she could of taken it several ways but concluded it with a retort.

i think you're reading into it a bit too much, my goy

have fun boys

2 minutes ago, ScharlakenRose said:

i think you're reading into it a bit too much, my goy

pull down your pants then we'll talk

zxZaKpL.png                

S3SCCwW.png            

b6BCJ5k.png

9 hours ago, Norshar said:

pull down your pants then we'll talk

o///o remember who’s reading these forums, Norshar!!!

7161db656ac1eb8681cb73b8d4ea4755.gif

On 11/8/2017 at 6:27 PM, Norshar said:

Such a smartass response

Waaaait, dont YOU play a lot of Demon Hunters? I hadn't even realized!

Also playful sass aside, at this present moment all moderation is done with the fact in mind that I am presently hosting it on Epsilon, with the limitations and understand of what that can do to my attempts at moderation. All situations that might have resulted in moderative action are also weighed carefully with the Epsilon situation as a definitive factor in mind.

9 hours ago, DerpyDoo said:

Waaaait, dont YOU play a lot of Demon Hunters? I hadn't even realized!

Also playful sass aside, at this present moment all moderation is done with the fact in mind that I am presently hosting it on Epsilon, with the limitations and understand of what that can do to my attempts at moderation. All situations that might have resulted in moderative action are also weighed carefully with the Epsilon situation as a definitive factor in mind.

ye we talked it's fine, i play one demon hunter though. the chad hunter

it's easy to be a chad hunter when you're the only hunter around....

zxZaKpL.png                

S3SCCwW.png            

b6BCJ5k.png

I always really liked this concept.

And I love ethereals. (7.3 new models hype)

Best of luck! I look forward to RPing here again.

The stars align; Elune be with you.

5 hours ago, Eclipse said:

I always really liked this concept.

And I love ethereals. (7.3 new models hype)

Best of luck! I look forward to RPing here again.

I agree, and I can't wait to role-play here! Looking forward to it, Derpy!

Epsilon_Ohana.png

On 8-11-2017 at 0:46 PM, Furfag said:

As a matter of fact, no. They actually do all the work of scaling the dome to a gigantic size in the middle of nowhere. So don't worry ^^

Also. If you see me. I'm Boris "Andrew" Techt, if you happen to xD'

Ahh, Miniaturium. I was one of those that played on the ph in RPH, don't worry. Not one of the ruckus-makers ^^

I was just some random Worgen. Ahah ^^

I really loved the idea of it and it really stood out from all the other phases like no other as it is completely new and unforseeable.

I really love the work you've put into this, thanks for doing this. ^^

-Boristecht

Amazing! Amazing! Brings me memories. But do you have a discord for the phase community so some whom are interested (like me), will keep in touch?