Crowe

Overcoats

Hi! I'm newer to the server, and have been around a week or so, but one thing that has been an occurrence since my joining of the server is constant issues regarding the addon mogit, which no longer works because of... What people are saying the overcoats caused. 

This is a suggestion not to get rid of overcoats, but to add them as a standalone patch downloadable here, much like RPH's cloak patch worked. I use that as a reference because it is simple to install, easy to find, and it doesn't cause instability. This way, until mogit is fixed, players could use it of their own discretion, so that if they wanted mogit over the overcoats, they could use it, and if they wanted overcoats over mogit; They could as well.

Simply a temporary solution that would be far easier than keeping the cloaks in while fixing everything. Although this is merely a suggestion, and I've no knowledge of how it might actually work mechanically.

Problem is 7.2. no longer supports client patches.

And since Mogit is just redundant tool to make life easier, I say we can live without it for a time.

Due to the CDN (CASC) system that 7.2 runs on, client side patching is no longer possible.  Unless of course you go to the "Suggestion make me dev" post, where Xeslite links a modifiable version.  The issue being with that is there are a set of warning as it is not quite supported by the staff.  (Meaning if you have issues using that client, they won't help you, it goes into more detail and written by a GM themselves).

For the time being, we have no access to mogit, and it is unfortunate I agree because we don't have the ability to see the large variety of custom items our server has.  Though I will reassure you, in time this issue will be fixed.  I'm sure out development team is working on the issue.  :)

fdfgsdfgs.png

9 hours ago, Vojtik said:

Problem is 7.2

Nope. they still work. they stop in 7.3. 

11 hours ago, Crowe said:

Hi! I'm newer to the server, and have been around a week or so, but one thing that has been an occurrence since my joining of the server is constant issues regarding the addon mogit, which no longer works because of... What people are saying the overcoats caused. 

This is a suggestion not to get rid of overcoats, but to add them as a standalone patch downloadable here, much like RPH's cloak patch worked. I use that as a reference because it is simple to install, easy to find, and it doesn't cause instability. This way, until mogit is fixed, players could use it of their own discretion, so that if they wanted mogit over the overcoats, they could use it, and if they wanted overcoats over mogit; They could as well.

Simply a temporary solution that would be far easier than keeping the cloaks in while fixing everything. Although this is merely a suggestion, and I've no knowledge of how it might actually work mechanically.

Honestly it would probably be more work to remove them and attempt to fix the problem. It's not the overcoats preventing mogit from loading. Mogit is attempting to load models that no longer exist in the game files so it essentially causes other things to stop in it's tracks. (This was more or less the "official explanation")

Back to removing the overcoats though. it's part of the "Big Patch 1" thing, which has caused some amount of instability as a side effect, these problems apparently were not present on the development realm, so the easiest solution is really just leave it be and find what broke.

find me on discord @Lehvie#1473

or just find me on a certain other server.
have fun boys

Hi, overcoats are not relevant to Mogit not working, the problem is the updates to the CDN. I don't get where this rumor that overcoats are to blame, but we updated *a lot* of things this patch.

sSHRE9G.png

On 11/11/2017 at 3:33 AM, Azarchius said:

Hi, overcoats are not relevant to Mogit not working, the problem is the updates to the CDN. I don't get where this rumor that overcoats are to blame, but we updated *a lot* of things this patch.

Residual Mordred hate is where the rumor comes from. Or complete ignorance.

Discord: Garrett#8626