Sign in to follow this  
ZeDahktur

Lights and stuff

After painfully searching through a countless amount of objects, some of which are massive duplicates, I realized we lack something that would most likely help phases greatly.

LIGHTS BABY

Spoiler

WoWScrnShot_111517_201243.jpg

Since we have tiles and whatIthoughtwasimpossible watertiles, what I'm basically suggesting is something similar but with lights. Being able to spawn invisible objects that you can't physically touch but produces lights of various colors and brightness sounds pretty neat. I'm just saying this since spawning in a wide variety of lamps and torches, but not having them produce any form of light is pretty annoying.

Immediate Edit: Also being limited to some spooky green light, a burning inferno inside a lamp, or a light as bright as the sun itself is a little annoying to deal with.

I spent half an hour trying to think of what to type what the hell is wrong with me today?

Edited by ZeDahktur

I suggest using the warden_cavelight objects. There are a whole lot of various colours to pick and choose from.

The trick is:

1. Spawn one.
  2. .gob activate (to check the radius of the lighting)
  3. Scale it to the size you want it.
  4. With it selected, type: .gob set state 0 3
  5. ???
  6. Profit.

Custom lighting objects might make it someday though, it has been discussed.

Zandalari Signature N' The Nekkid Troles.png

14 hours ago, War-God Matt said:

I suggest using the warden_cavelight objects. There are a whole lot of various colours to pick and choose from.

The trick is:

1. Spawn one.
  2. .gob activate (to check the radius of the lighting)
  3. Scale it to the size you want it.
  4. With it selected, type: .gob set state 0 3
  5. ???
  6. Profit.

Custom lighting objects might make it someday though, it has been discussed.

That's actually really useful. Unfortunately if you fuck up (Like deleting the light while .gob set state 0 3 is active), the light stays until you log out. 

But overall I do hope Custom lighting objects exist at some point. I would love to experiment with them and make some nice environmental lighting conditions.

Edited by ZeDahktur

The cavelight's .m2s can be modified (as done by another server) to not need state 0 3.

Edited by Razmataz

Sign in to follow this