Sign in to follow this  
Dreadmonsters

Epsilon WoW

...If you want Blizz to take a page out of DivX's book, or Nostalrius', and shut down Epsilon as quickly as it happened to pop up?
Sure, keep advertising it on youtube.

*Edit - I don't mean it because "amg, Blizz is shutting down servers left and right" or anything, but there are some peculiar details about private servers like Epsi and Para that Blizz might not be fond of.

Example: Many of the tier20 items were in the game files ever since patch 7.0, including many of the "hidden" artifact appearances. Not to mention the work on custom items. Last I recall, the "dent" that put a hole in Div-X and got it shut forever was them trying to put Skyrim weapons into the game.

Point being - With all the heavy modding going into the game's core and utilities, especially when they're all endorsed by the Dev team through the fact they're placed into the self-updating client by default, I don't want to see Epsi being shut down due to it making a similar "violation" of whatever terms of service.

That's just my opinion, at the end of the day though? You do whatever you want.

Edited by Kayn96

So your point is if i set up video of Epsilon Blizz will shut it right then i wont do it. But i have i a question Kayn96 why would Blizz shut Epsilon WoW if i post video of Epsilon on YouTube and I try to bring more players just explain me that mate.

blizzard won't shut down anything cause u made a nice fan video of a random private server lol, think blizzard got other things to be concerned about

3 hours ago, Dreadmonsters said:

So your point is if i set up video of Epsilon Blizz will shut it right then i wont do it. But i have i a question Kayn96 why would Blizz shut Epsilon WoW if i post video of Epsilon on YouTube and I try to bring more players just explain me that mate.

because It's within Blizzard's legal right to shut down private servers. Will they? Maybe, maybe not. We don't know what they think

find me on discord @Lehvie#1473

or just find me on a certain other server.
have fun boys

It's their legal right indeed and they've exerted it once before with Div-X.

If you feel like poking the bear go on ahead.
Maybe nothing happens, then I'm wrong, gg, nothing happens.
If it goes down at some point I don't think anyone present will be happy.

Besides, most of the people you'll draw forth by making an advert on youtube are people that are like "Holy shit, server where you have GM powers" and will log in to either
1. Grief
2. Troll and mock the RPers like they do on Retail, except for free
3. Add their Frostmournes, Ashbringers, Vanilla only items and so on, take some screens maybe, brag around a bit, etc

At any rate, very few people out there are genuinely interested in RPing on a private server and not already aware of the existence of them in one way or another. It's a pretty small community all in all.

But hey, I can't control what you do, by any means.

Feel free to literally do whatever the hell you want my man, really.

I'm just telling you that there is a possibility, however small, for every video or piece of public media uploaded outside the forums, to get the attention of someone who might just happen to be in a shitty mood and decide to strike down another server.

I can say a lot of things about it, I can go on explaining in detail why I personally believe it's too much risk for too little potential benefit, and go into even further detail on to why I consider it stupid to go about posting videos of Epsilon left and right on the Internet.

What I can't do is tie your hands.

And I already have doubts that you'll bother reading or properly taking into consideration the things I'm pointing out here, because hey, wall of text.

Spoooooooopy.

Do whatever the hell you want, if you asked for opinions be ready to accept ones that are against your original intent.

And if you only put up a thread to look for recognition and people to pat you on the shoulder saying "cool idea, dude"? Sorry. I'm an honest jackass.

Blizzard is incapable of shutting us down.

Furthermore, we already have several YouTube videos. There's also the trailer.

sSHRE9G.png

20 hours ago, Azarchius said:

Blizzard is incapable of shutting us down.

can you elaborate as to why they're unable to take down epsilon?

just curious about the specifics

find me on discord @Lehvie#1473

or just find me on a certain other server.
have fun boys

9 hours ago, ScharlakenRose said:

can you elaborate as to why they're unable to take down epsilon?

just curious about the specifics

We are in remote locations beyond the reach of Blizzard. The server itself might not be, but we own several servers and it is unlikely for them to shut them all down at the same time. Blizzard is incapable of taking us to court anyway. The best they can do is go for our domain or server, but those are just temporary annoyances. To our credit, we are not based anywhere in the Americas or Europe, unlike almost all other server owners who need to fear U.S. courts or EU treaties that dilute the border between its member states and their respective laws.

As long as a private server owner is not in the EU, U.S. or Canada, they are outside the reach Blizzard is willing to exert unless they are literally making millions.

sSHRE9G.png

So like i can make videos of Epsilon to attract more players to your server and have more fun with us i mean with you of course. By the way i was thinking to put the spirit of fun in my videos for Epsilon WoW.