Sign in to follow this  
SalsaSorcery

Armor Recolor for Mage Tier20

Hi there. Although this was a little pet project I just did for myself, I think there are a lot of armor recolors I can get around to making, as well as others. Should we make armor recolor patches like this one more commonplace?

ZLsSSo6.png

Normally I'd say sure, why not, if people want to put the effort in to add some armor recolors, then it's awesome and all, really.

I just have two mentions about this.

First off, there are a multitude of items that we have in the WoW files that don't seem to be available here, from the pretty commonplace "versions of this belt without this buckle" or tier 19 and 20 pieces without their 3d models to the wrist items that add only those set's 3d models on top of whatever it is you're wearing. Or stuff like "x item in y item slot", not just for the chest/tabard/shirt group. Belt/pant/boot and glove/bracelet are also viable options that add a certain level of depth and variability to making custom sets, and sure - not everyone will use it, and you can live well enough without it - but the same can be said about any item or spell in the game, custom or otherwise.

Don't know all too much about dev work, I just know that typically those items should be obtainable.

And if there's work to be put in something it'd be cool to get those before we go about making custom reskins.

But, on the mention of recolors, what I'd -really- like to see is the colors, shades and nuances to be made to somewhat "match" other similar sets, like for example the recolor you made up there? I'd be curious to see how well it blends with parts of that white, black and gold tier20 priest set. Or some old Argent stuffs.

That way it's equally possible to take up one of these full sets or make one at custom of your own mix of items, y'know?

Fancy work, there, though, at any rate. Would look awesome on an Argent character.