Sign in to follow this  
Highlander

[Suggestion] : Model Manipulation and Mesh Modification

Heya guys, so the idea behind this to have an in-game command to open and allow model manipulation controls, which involve the following :

- Hairstyle enabling/disabling, changing the appearance of characters without the use of .char customize

- Adding additional hairstyles to allow more complex or crazy styles.

- Armor mesh modifications (With T21 coming in, we have many armors with undesired mesh that could be disabled.

- Allow hair to clip through all armors and helmets.

Reference : Wow Model Viewer's "Model Control" menu.

Let's look at what I mean :

a4c8cfc64f0e1a8f2d96559c41ee21c0.png

Here we have a default Pandaren, now if we go in View > Show Model Control, we have the following.

57f6b803a093825e1844caee8ea95f55.png 

We have Geosets for the character, which we can turn on or turn off elements that involve : Body, hair, bulkiness from certain armor. As well as enabling elements from tierser armor like T21 Mage which I will show a screenshot below.

99ee69886b4c169ff4fc965e1d1af4d3.png

Other examples of the Geoset modifier on characters and tiersets :

Spoiler

6be1ea6d085791a0ca82086ad879b94f.png9918eb3357ee107abe1ab2adb94ee121.png89d49ea655e761cb7979b676622e11e9.png5c9d89432e8f16029f82502402af9896.png

As you can see, all kinds of unseen ingame styles exist that are accessible in this model control, like one ear earrings, crazy hairstyles, heck, even triple horns on a Draenei.

I'll let you all decide.

Edited by Highlander
Added screenshots

willy1.PNG2017-07-23 00.26.45.jpg

yeah good luck

[Gunmar] says: "I can't believe this 'Arahi' woman went down so fast. Storm my arse."

GUd5X5D.png

Spoiler

wye3c336bj4.jpg

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

21 hours ago, Eva said:

Sounds super easy :v

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

creature.png

I literally don't think the client can do this. We'd need the source code of the EXE to modify it to allow multiple geosets to be enabled at once, I think. (Collections tho on the other hand maybe possible)

MEwmZ8k.png

j0R3peR.gif

30 minutes ago, MindScape said:

I literally don't think the client can do this. We'd need the source code of the EXE to modify it to allow multiple geosets to be enabled at once, I think. (Collections tho on the other hand maybe possible)

I think it's plausible.maybe some sort of script to allow toggling geosets

find me on discord @Lehvie#1473

or just find me on a certain other server.
have fun boys

Just now, ScharlakenRose said:

I think it's plausible.maybe some sort of script to allow toggling geosets

Will the actual client allow this though? Or would it need some injector? I don't think anything client-side can be done really to do this - there's no actual files that control that stuff, only the engine.

MEwmZ8k.png

j0R3peR.gif