Norshar

Demon Hunters

guide for illidari dhs

8f09d9f51ec51af9f131a99baa117cba.png

d7396501fb3388fd9565124fbf335ab6.jpg

The Illidari is the organization of which many Demon Hunters are in, trained by Illidan;they're the Sin'dorei and Kaldorei who have came forth to commit to a purpose to put everything behind them and use the Legion's power against them, enduring harsh rituals, training vigorously through each night, and battling constantly through mental warfare. They serve under one banner of which they proudly uphold. Though, the Illidari have more than just Demon Hunters, Shivarra, Broken, and Coilskar fill the ranks with respective leaders who present their species. Formerly, Nathrezim, Satyr, Fel Orcs, and various other demonic species were in the Illidari but since Legion it seems to just be three.

32817ddac14debc4203c34c901890ea3.png

Unless a backstory dictates another perspective of them, it's comfortable to say you would be tolerant of their presence though if they were a demonic race not within the Illidari or had been, I personally think that killing them outright or remaining suspicious of them is fine. Though, don't go as far as being too full of zealotry as some demons aren't all particularly fond of the Legion and could prove to be useful allies.

a7fc7c29eb3f98ee7c4824343201ca78.png

Unless a backstory dictates another perspective of this, I personally suggest coming across as a perverted form of your old demeanor. If your Demon Hunter, well before becoming one was a very enthusiastic individual, cheerful, and welcoming. Come across immensely different, making them immensely unenthusiastic, soft-spoken, mostly quiet, etc. It's not written in stone to do it that way, though it does say who they once were is but an echo (in my own words). By all means though, a personality is a strong aspect of differentiation between each character and be unique as you please in this aspect of your Demon Hunter.

88b3a39277a49672c5d997b434a96164.png

The inner demon, otherwise known as the darker side of your Demon Hunter is the corruption of the demonic essence they battle mentally. There is no actual, 'inner demon'. It's just a term, commonly used for someone's darker side. This is another very unique aspect of your demon hunter, which comes into play with their personality. This is what morphs them aside the supernatural aforementioned training and so on. Now, it's quite a unique addition aforementioned, my Demon Hunter, Elandris had fought a Felguard in his ritual and has been morphed from a caster in his previous life to a more vanguardish fighter, preferring hand-to-hand combat. Depending on what demonic heart your Demon Hunter ate, their personality could have some odd changes. There is no canonical source for this, but just an optional thing to do if you think you'd like to try this. Basically, if your Demon Hunter ate an Imp's heart and was always someone who was quiet and so on. Perhaps this could make them more humorous, talkative, and so on.

As for the ritual, realistically a Demon Hunter at the present skill level would only be able to defeat just a handful of demons. Such as a Mo'arg, Imp, Felhound, Felbat,Succubi, etc. Mostly the lesser demons, no Demon Hunter at that level of training would be able to defeat a lone Eredar, Nathrezim, Shivarra, and so on. Many people think the demon you kill that day, makes you stronger than one another when in truth it does not. It's the training that makes a Demon Hunter who they are, the experience and cunning that makes one stronger than another.

85d9a46f470577aaa8bca908b73e2793.png

The training is intense, the demonic essence you take in morphs your body uncontrollably through various points in time of slaughtering your prey if you choose to take some of their essence. Though, in order to commit to the slaughter of Demons. A Demon Hunter trains with their body, their head, and a pair of glaives or other preferred weapon. Demon Hunters are supernatural, their physical prowess would excel above many races. Even the Wardens were not able to oppose these unearthly speeds at first, the Demon Hunter defiles nature's laws. Going beyond any limit, to achieve victory.

dd45d183ef61814b96879774c84f1d52.gif

They're able to achieve speeds in quick bursts, achieve great physical strength and with their intense training. Their combat sense is prestigious, training to be constantly on their feet and aware. To fight multiple enemies as a Demon Hunter, would be much easier than it would be for a trained warrior. Their trained to fight demons, who excel far above most normal opposing fighters. Though, one ability they have is their most noted ability, Spectral Sight. Which pierces through any demonic guise, allowing the Demon Hunter to identify their prey admist a group of people. The hunter, becomes the hunted.

tumblr_oa6gzdyzlI1uumqtpo2_r2_500.gif

d465530d5a3919e500e8b7ac61aadefd.png

The sacrifice these Demon Hunters make, does indeed rival even the greatest tales of sacrifice, facing hostility, bias, prejudice, and numerous other things that deters them from ever living normally again. Not many understand what they've endured, unfortunately. Though, the Demon Hunter is persistent, strong-willed, and most importantly;resistant. Perhaps your elf, a simple guard of Silvermoon or Darnassus lost their family to the Legion and it lead them down this path. But, not all Demon Hunters may have lost everything. Another aspect of roleplay in general which can be unique to each character through a backstory are these four words, why, when, what, and how? Perhaps they seen the recognition these Hunters got in some areas of Azeroth and pursued this life for fame, power, or simply to prove something to others. 

67457fe59b2b64e40995937c266c4fac.png

Something such as this is best kept to each individual Demon Hunter's individual thoughts and so on, but for a scarred individual to feel this I myself think they would have to find common ground admist their past and unite to one another over time. Though, such is a heavily debated topic and perhaps your Demon Hunter no longer feels anything positive anymore which is entirely plausible. But, such things are possible to feel and if you would like your Demon Hunter to feel this again. Then do so, a long-term relationship between two characters in large conflict always is intriguing to see it forged along the lines of various events. A common reason why most Hunters do it, from the others I've met is because they know that the ongoing conflict will not last forever and would like to endure the post-events of life after war with someone. 

(Spoiler of 7.3.2)

Spoiler

Tyrande... Long ago, you trusted me enough to defy Malfurion's wishes and free me from my prison.
But over time, that faith was lost. And like my brother, you came to believe that the choices I made had driven me to darkness.
Know that every path I took led toward a single purpose: saving our world. I could abide no half measures. No compromise.
At those times when I faced doubt, I held true to one constant. One anchor. You.
You have always embodied the best of Azeroth, Tyrande. Your faith. Your devotion. Through the darkest times, my belief in you never wavered.
My fate, my duty, are now clear to me. I leave Azeroth's defense to you... and to my brother.
Take care of him, Tyrande. Though at times I wished your heart had made a different choice, in the end... I know it made the right one.

fel_scryer__c__by_astrisjursen-db2likb.j

Though, if they're to pursue this path. If they're altruistic individuals, then ensure they put Azeroth before themselves.

Edited by Norshar

zxZaKpL.png                

S3SCCwW.png            

b6BCJ5k.png

Very good.

There are some tiny mistakes or not exactly correct formulations here and there, but the main core is right and that's what counts.

It will be nice to not see "I ate pitlord's heart and slain hundreds of dreadlords" DHs around.

Edit: Added spoiler to 'Love' section, contains 7.2.3 spoiler so beware when u click

zxZaKpL.png                

S3SCCwW.png            

b6BCJ5k.png