Sign in to follow this  
Erkor

add doodad, name, and other types of shifting to classic zones

part 2

continued from CLASSIC MAPS DO NOT THE VAST MAJORITY KINDS OF PHASE SHIFTING

Currently, the only thing you can shift in the relatively recently added classic zones are textures. Unfortunately, this makes them completely incompatible with virtually every other kind: Doodad shifting does not work, detaildoodad shifting does not work, and neither do zone/subzone name and audio (music, ambience) shifting.

I'd like to suggest that the classic maps get data generated for themselves so we can do the above edits to the maps. It'd allow us to use the unrestricted plains of the Barrens for unique and new projects, or the Stonetalon mountains in a new manner and inventive fashion without worrying about the giant lava fissure at one end of it. I'm sure countless players would love to HD-ify the classic zones as well, as some of them have irreperable damage that simply can't be fixed by shifting the classic map on top of the old one. After all, doodad shifting the zone would still yield the doodadless cataclysm-era changes to the terrain.

[Gunmar] says: "I can't believe this 'Arahi' woman went down so fast. Storm my arse."

GUd5X5D.png

Spoiler

wye3c336bj4.jpg

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png