Tialune

Phase shift skybox area vs zone change

I have been doing a lot of extensive building lately and I have noted a quirk when it comes to skybox auras applied through the .phase shift commands.

If you use .gps movements, use chair objects, or use .mod sit commands it will automatically apply the skybox aura spell set on the zone to you, no matter where you are in the zone. Even if that area is using .phase shift area skybox 0, which should remove skybox spells applied to you upon entering. Or if that area is using another skybox aura spell than the one set on the zone. Effectively eliminating that area skybox for anyone who gets the zone applied and clicks it off.
This occurs whether or not you have a skybox on in the first place and it will replace the old one entirely if the area has one set.

This is extremely problematic for trying to tailor area skyboxes to fit a theme/feeling. It makes it almost pointless to do so in order to fine-tune a phase. If someone wants to sit or gets stuck they will lose the area skybox aura applied, or get one set on them that wasn't intended for that area. Many people use .mod sit wherever possible so it's a guarantee that it will be removed unintentionally at multiple points.

My suggestion is to make area skybox override zone skybox in whatever mechanism causes it to be reapplied when doing any of the above actions. Fine tuned detail of an area should take precedence over the general zone.

As an aside, using .phase shift area skybox on areas marked as the greater zone treats it as if it was .phase shift zone skybox used instead. I thought maybe that would be a work around but it was not.

Edited by Tialune