wei-wang-frostwolf-elders-taruk-001-small-size.jpg

Name: Wor'gul

Race: Orc

Class: Shaman

Affiliation: Whiteclaw clan (former); old Horde (former); New Horde, The Earthen Ring

Traits:

• Peaceful - Wor'gul (almost) never searches for conflict on his own and if he is drawn in one, he is always trying to resolve it without violence.

• Proud - As every orc, Wor'gul is very proud of his legacy, he holds his ancestors in great honor. Be honorable and you are on good way to making yourself a friend. Disrespect his people and you will see what fury of the elements truly means.

• Pacifist - First with Draenei on Dreanor, later with Humans on Azeroth; he never supported these meaningless conflicts. Wor'gul believes that all creatures should live in peace and harmony, unless they committed heinous crimes. Therefore he doesn't distinguish between races or factions and he will always offer his help to those in need.

• Honesty - Never having to lie this old orc doesn't even know what that world means. When you are talking to him you may be sure that you are getting truthful answer.

• Naivety -Without knowing even the concept of lying, Wor'gul is bit too much gullible. However don't even thing about fooling him with some basic lie as this orc is walking the world for many years and he knows a bit about it.

• Wise - Being as old as he is, there is no surprise that Wor'gul know a thing or two about the world around him. He experienced a lot during his life and he is willing to share his knowledge with reckless younglings.

• Old - Even on a mighty orc time has taken it's toll. Being well out of his prime he is not as strong or agile as he once was.

• Hope - Wor'gul above all believes that there is still hope. Hope for orcs to redeem themselves, hope for Dreanor to be saved. Hope that one day he will be able to even forgive himself.

Chapter I - Before the dark

I was born in the frozen land of Frostfire Ridge to the Whiteclaw clan. For ordinary eye this icy waste wouldn't hold much interest, but I soon learned to love my home and to love the beauty it holds. I still remember watching bubbling lava carving its way through a mountainside only to turn into solid rock as it came into contact with snow. I still feel the chilling air on my back as I climbed on the high mountains. And than it happened. There, on the snowy peaks, I heard the wind, but not just whistling, it was whispering.  Back then I was too young and stupid to understand what it meant and so I didn't tell anyone about that. However few days after Moktur'Dar, farseer of your clan, came to me. I do not know how he found out about that, but he knew about everything. He spoke about the nature and about our ancestors, he told me that the elements have choose to trust me. And just like that my learnings to become a shaman have begun. Moktur'Dar taught me how to listen to nature, how to help elements when they need to and how to ask for help when I need it. He showed me what one needs to do in order to commune with our ancestors. But our peace was soon to be gone as the ogres of Bladespire and their mok'nathal slaves started rampaging through our lands. And so Chieftain Garad of the Frostwolf clan called upon our help in the upcoming war. I never imagined how horrifying a war can be. After dire battle, we managed to free mok'nathal slaves and eventually drew the ogres out, but at what cost. Hundreds of our and Froswolf warriors fell, many of which I knew. They made their ancestors proud, but it still saddened me deeply. We were once again able to live in peace, but that was not to last very long.

Chapter II - Fire

One disaster after another. First the elemental unrest then the outbreak of the Red Pox. And if that wasn't enough, our good relationship with Draenei started to crumble. Noone in our clan believed that war against them would solve anything. On the clan meeting in Oshu'gun our chieftain openly criticized any conflict with Draenei and urged other clans to rather focus on restoring the elements. But nor he nor the few others who opposed could prevent creation of the Horde. Few years later Blackhand was elected warchief of the Horde and he was prepared to wage full scale war on Draenei. Soon after that our chieftain was assassinated and without strong leader we were forced to join the Horde. The elements were still in turmoil and many shamans strayed from their path, using these twisted creatures and foul energies to aid their cause. And after Gul'dan and his followers shattered Cyrukh, our last connection with the elements was gone. I couldn’t hear them anymore, the silence was terrifying. I almost lost hope, but Moktur'Dar kept me from falling to despair, he believed that one day we may yet be able to reconnect with elements and undo our mistakes. And the worse was still to come. Gul'dan's promises swayed minds of many orcs and so they drank the corrupting potion. That drove them to bloodlust and they massacred everyone in Shattrath. We, Frostwolf and few others refused to drink that, which led to even more distrust toward us. Our world was corrupted, our people as well, our skin turned green from the foul energies coursing around all of us. The land became barren, animal meat tainted. Many orcs who drank the potion were driven mad. Clans started waging wars against each other. In these conflict our already weak clan was destroyed, our people slaughtered, my village burned. The handful of us, who managed to escape, were scattered. Me and few other sought refuge in our friends, Frostwolves. It didn't take long and Gul'dan came with another promises, new uncorrupted world. I don't know if anyone really believed him, but looking at our dying world, there was no other choice than to help him.

Chapter III - Hope

We constructed massive structure, which would open a path to the new world. But soon we found out that we would have to fight for that world. Although inhabitants of this world were smaller and weaker than us, they were very agile and courageous. But not even they could stand against Horde war machine and the hell Gul'dan's followers unleashed. I couldn't bare it any longer, yet another civilization was to be destroyed by my people and so I did the unthinkable for an orc - I fled to the wilderness, hoping that maybe others would do the same. This world was very different from my home. I noticed that local elements were more calm and tame and after some time I was able to fully connect with them. It was blissful feeling, once again hearing the nature. And that I was needed, because humans, as the pink skinned creatures call themselves, didn't pay much attention to the world around them. But not everything was easy, I had to learn which plants are not poisonous and which animals I can hunt down on my own - I wasn't the best hunter after all. I also had to hide from both, humans and orcs alike. But I was not able to hide forever. One day, while I was hunting I came across a small footprint and trail of blood. Curious, I hastily followed the track and on its end saw an unconscious human about to be attacked by wolf. I never held grudge against humans, quite the contrary I wanted to repay them for what we have done. So I wasn't waiting and rushed to help the defenseless man. I managed to fend of the wolf, but the man was already heavily injured and he lost a lot of blood. Leaving him there would be a death sentence, so I took him to a cave, which served as my current hideout and treated his wounds. After few days he finally awoke. When he first saw me he was scared, however much  less than I expected. And after he found out that I saved his life, he calmed down almost completely. While he was regaining strength I told him about my world and how it fell to the corruption. He told me about human culture and his ideals. After he was fully healed, Tim, that was his name, promised to never tell anyone about me, a promise he, as I was to find out, didn't hold. It happened more than half a year after Tim left. A man and woman with little child came to my cave. I saw the disgust in their faces, but also something else, much stronger, despair. The little girl was very sick and they begged me for help, to cure their only child. Local herbalist wasn't able to help her and they couldn't afford proper healer. The illness was quite serious, but I did everything I could. The girl survived and I had no doubt that she would be cured completely. Her parents were really grateful, although they didn't show it much, which I understood; it must have been hard to show any gratitude to someone who is burning down your villages and murdering your people. But the girl was different, her smile was genuine. She obviously didn't know about the war, about our crimes, for her I was just a “green man” who helped her. Her smile gave me hope, that we may, in the future, atone for what we have been doing. Some time has past until I encountered Tim again. He brought to me shocking news - the Horde has been defeated and orc are being rounded up to internment camps. I didn't know if to be happy that rampage of the Horde was over or to be filled with sadness, because my people are going to become slaves. After I made peace with that I decided to find the orc, who managed to escape their slave future.

Chapter IV - New beginning

Ten years have passed since I began my search, but I wasn’t really successful. I only run into one or two half mad orcs, who weren’t able to even tell me their names. Recently however I started to feel difference in the elements, another shamans perhaps. It didn’t take long and the wind have blown me into a way of an orc scout. He took me to his camp to meet with their leader. And there he was, Grommash Hellscream, the first to accept the curse, but now trying to reclaim lost honor of the Horde. But I was more interested in old orc on a wheelchair, to be honest I almost haven’t recognized him at first, as the time has taken a toll on him. Drek'Thar, farseer of the Frostwolves, I meet him just twice, but I held him in great honor. He on the other hand, recognized me as Moktur'Dar's apprentice immediately. My happiness was however interrupted, when he told me that my mentor is dead. After few days Drek'Thar introduced me to young warchief Thrall, son of Durotan. We haven't talked much, because he was busy with dealing with Alliance. He just asked me about his father and grandfather. He knew a lot about them, but he wanted to hear what someone, who is not Frostwolf was thinking about them. He truly had the blood of his father, and as me he wished to redeem our people. I pledged my service to the Horde once more, hoping that time of our redemption has finally come. It soon came to my knowledge that warchief intends to free our brothers and sisters kept in interment camps. And so we did. Those were good battles, however we suffered big loss, Orgrim Doomhammer fell. On the other hand many kinsmen were freed. Among many I took notice of a young girl, still a child. It was a pitiful sight, her face and body was scared, her arm was mangled; I know that humans saw us as monster, but doing something like this to a child... But I've seen something in her eye, something I haven't seen in a long time. She was gifted and I decided to take her under my shoulder. I soon took liking in Aisha, she lived in the camp as long as she remembered, but she was eager to learn about our history and culture; she became my most favorite and devoted student.

Chapter V - Friend in the wilds

It was time. Under guidance of Thrall we've set sail to east to face the burning shadow, which destroyed our old home and to stop it for doing the same to this one. After a long voyage we landed, it was a strange land, barren - almost like Gorgrond. Many strange creature inhabit this land, half man half horses called centaurs, humanoid bovine creatures called taurens, whose chieftain Bloodhoof became great friend with warchief Thrall and in the lush green forest in the north live kaldorei, who proven to to be great allies in the war to come. It was a horrible war unlike any other, but a war to protect a world and not to destroy one. Many warriors fell, but their ancestors are proud of them. It was a war to safe home, passed mistakes were forgotten for time and new alliances weer forged, even young human sorceress offered to work together with us. After the war a time of peace settled. Time to build a new home in land we begun to call Durotar, in honor of warchief's father, a mighty fortress bearing Doomhammer's name was build, but for me matters of more importance were at hands. The taurens had an shamanistic order, The Earthen Ring. Me and many other shamans were quick to join with our new comrades. I personally decided to live in Barrens mostly in solitude, with only few students and other folk, seeking guidance or bringing news visiting me. Still one visitor peeked my interest. A big chubby silhouette with broad pointy hat delivered itself before my home. It was a man, or perhaps a bear, I wasn't coughed by his appearance, I've seen many strange creatures after all. He introduced himself as Chen Stormstout, humble brewmaster of Pandaria, he was looking for special spring for his new brew and he was told that I may be of assistance in this matter. He had a good in his eyes so I had no problems helping him, I took him to the spring he was looking for and i even helped him to obtain other ingredients. He was quite capable fighter, although I never before seen someone fight like that. When we returned he begun his preparations. It truly was an exceptional brew, we sat and drank for a long time and we started talking. He was quite interested in our past and in return he described the beautiful land in the south beyond a mist which never fades. But he had to departure soon and continue his journey, no the less we promised to have a drink in the future. In the following years I continued my work as a teacher and member of the Ring. Aisha was proving herself as a great student and also an assistant, she became a family I haven't had for a long time.

Chapter VI - Through the Dark Portal

The Dark Portal has reopened has opened once again and the demonic forces spilled to this world. But we together with Alliance  managed to push them back. I decided to venture forth and visit Dreanor. I wondered what of it was left after all these years, and if there was a way to return my home to its former glory. Many others also wanted to see their former home and many wanted to see if they can help to reborn it. And so the Earthen Ring dispatched a group of volunteers, who were to scout Dreanor and the situation. I was chosen to be one of the leaders of this force. After I stepped through the portal I was staggered by the sight of barren, demon infested land. But I won't lose hope. I can feel the elements, although they are weak, as long as they are still here, this world can be saved. But first those who would seek o corrupt this land even more must be dealt with. My heart jumped with joy when we found out that some survivors still lived here and that Nagrand stayed mostly unaffected by the sundering. I was even more pleased when I heard that Mother Geyah was well and alive. Even warchief Thrall decided to visit the Mag'har and his grandmother. I was also surprised by how many draenei survived the massacre. But our goal was clear, remove the demon lord from his seat of power. Many brave adventurers joined the fight and after harsh fights and battles we managed to imprison the demon lord and free Dreanor form his grasp. I and some of the shamans decided to stay there a while longer, Aisha wanted to stay too, but I convinced here to go back to Azeroth. I myself communed with the Furies and humbly offered myself to their service.

Chapter VII - The Black Death

Under our, the Earthen Ring, Mag'har shamans and the Cenarion circle, care Dreanor started slowly healing. Poison begin to dry away from the rivers, some of the floating rocks were reattached to their place, green flora was once more spreading through the lands. It was about a year when Thrall showed up again, he was deeply troubled because the elements on Azeroth were falling silent and he came to seek answers. I prepared for departure, and most of the shamans with me. Azeroth was our home now and we needed to protect it from any threat. Soon after we arrived we found out who the threat was, Deathwing, the corrupted aspect and what worse, some of the elemental lords joined his forces. I've never imagined that I would need to fight the elements. But they were not the only ones, another darkness rose, the Twilight's Hammer - clan born of pure darkness, to think they were still hiding all these years. It may not have been  the bloodiest war, but for me it was one of the hardest. Facing of against the elements, having to put down two elemental lords and having another being dragged away by naga. We managed to win and put an end to Deathwing's rage, but for me and the Earthen Ring the war just begun. The world suffered many wounds, the elements were thrown out of balance. I went days and nights without sleep, for the world suffered and I feared it may die, I was giving my all to restore the balance. If it was not for Aisha, I could have even exhausted myself too much; she was taking great care of me. During this time I was honored by the title of farseer of the Earthen Ring. I did not care much about titles, but receiving such honor has to be accepted, Aisha was really happy for me. I've continued my work without any change, our home still needed healing.

Chapter IX - Land beyond the mist

(coming hopefully soon)

Edited by Vojtik

13 hours ago, Albatros said:

I think I remember this orc from Burning Crusade, would you happen to be him?

Quite possibly. I created him back in classic.

19 hours ago, Vojtik said:

furry of the elements truly means.

an elemental furry..? dear god n-

1d237f95926de90b6387131d90299478.jpg

150760cfb292356b1bae16237449d29fdcf03ecc967d230b14c56b3537f099a8.jpg

Edited by Beast

Cool! I like it. Love the picture as well, neat work my friend ^_^