Sign in to follow this  
King of the Mushan

Cornelius Wabbajack Interview 1

The Following is an Excerpt from The Azeroth Times, Edition XVII, entitled 'An Interview with Sir Cornelius Wabbajack'.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, mister Wabbajack. I'm Trix Paperwrench with the Azeroth Times. I'd like to ask you a few questions."

"Oh, why, of course, my delightful miss Paperwrench! Ask away!"

"Well, first of all, as I'm sure the public is wondering, when do you anticipate your next memoir to be released?"

"Oh, yes, number 6. A Desert of Trials, I call it. I've been writing it for a few months, I don't expect it to hit shelves for another year at least. Sorry to disappoint."

"A Desert of Trials? What does it entail?"

"Well, for the past five years of my life, I've been in Uldum, working with my dear friend Aaron Jacobs on some Archaeological business."

"Really? Archaeological business exciting enough to get its own edition in your series of memoirs?"

"Well, as has been proven time and time again in my life, excitement just seems to find me wherever I go."

"So it would seem, Sir Wabbajack. However, now that we've gotten your current affairs out of the way, I'd like to ask you a bit about your past."

"My past?"

"Yes. Specifically, what hasn't been written in your memoirs."

"I see... What would you like to know?"

"Well, in the First Edition of your memoirs, 'The First Journey', you simply begin a week into your expedition into the Hinterlands. What pushed you into that first adventure?"

"Really? I figured that story would be too boring. No one would really want to hear that, would they?"

"Well, apparently they do."

"Very well. See, from the time I was a kid, I was taught that I was a member of a very noble house. The Wabbajacks were renowned throughout Khaz Modan as business moguls, who made their riches my scamming the poor. I didn't really want to live that life, honestly. I wanted to make a name for myself without ruining lives. I wanted to improve them. I suppose I'm lucky to have been born to such a wealth and well-connected family, because I had every resource at my disposal to choose a profession. I took to the rifle right away. Entered some shooting competitions, soon enough I was noticed by an old friend of the family's, an adventurer named James McDougal. He brought me along with him to the Hinterlands one day, and the rest is history."

"So it would seem. You expressed distaste towards how your family got their riches. Does that influence your opinion of your family?"

"Well, I'd be lying if I said it was inconsequential. My feelings towards my parents are... Complicated. I mean, yes, they birthed me, and they gave me every chance to find who I wanted to be, but that doesn't change who they were as people. My father was a businessman who took every chance he could to cheat someone out of a deal. My mother was a political affiliate who seduced and blackmailed upstanding folks. I do not ever wish to be associated with them, which is why they come up so scarcely in my stories."

"I see... Do you still talk to your parents?"

"No. They died around the time I went on my expedition to the Borean Tundra. I rarely visit their graves."

"I'm sorry, sir. I didn't know."

"You are forgiven, miss Paperwrench. No one really knows."

"Well, moving on then... Are you active in your role as a Gnomeregan citizen?"

"Why, of course I am! I've funded Mekkatorque's Reclamation force more times than I can count."

"Really? Do you partake in much philanthropic activity?"

"Oh, of course! What's the point of being rich if you don't spread the fortune? I've probably donated well over half of my wealth over the years. From Orphanages in Stormwind to feeding the homeless in Gnomeregan."

"Well, I'm afraid that's all we have time for, mister Wabbajack. It's been an honor, and I look forward to reading 'A Desert of Trials'."

"Thank you for your hospitality, miss Paperwrench."

Edited by valorous141