Patchworkk

Class Spec's Preventing Spell Usage

• Type of Bug: Spells and Class Specializations

• Description: Since Epsi locks you into the first specialization for a class, it makes you unable to use spells & abilities offered by other specializations in that class, however anyone of any other class can use those same spells just fine.

• Evidence (Chat message/Screenshot):
My demon hunter using the Flame Orb spell:
image.png.3b38f8f78948b2569351c212cdd736bd.png

Daevalous's mage trying to use the same spell (notice the lack of the same kind of flaming orbs):
image.thumb.png.ac400e47d38486c1a52385b90ed89c95.png

• Steps to reproduce: Multiple people in The Builder's Society Discord tested it out on different character classes and we all found the same result, can see the messages in both the #spells-backslot and #questions channels

• Expected result: That you can use any spell no matter your spec

• Observed result: Spec's lock you in on classes and prevent certain spell usage

• Reproduction rate: From what I can tell, 100%

• Additional information: The spells we used to test were Flame Orb Spell ID: 194461, Flame Orb Spell ID: 226754, Flame Orb Spell ID: 226755, and are originally mage spells

Hey @Patchworkk

Afaik, the flame orbs do not get rendered by other peoples clients, only your own.

Unfortunately I addressed this concern in the below thread:

I'd rather not poke around in the spell conditions for these, mostly because they're very difficult to decipher.

On 4/17/2022 at 11:51 AM, Razmataz said:

Hey @Patchworkk

Afaik, the flame orbs do not get rendered by other peoples clients, only your own.

Unfortunately I addressed this concern in the below thread:

I'd rather not poke around in the spell conditions for these, mostly because they're very difficult to decipher.

Gotcha, sorry for putting the bug up again and thank you for the reply! Completely understand not wanting to mess with it if it's just this one spell, there should be another cosmetic similar to it that we can recommend for people instead