Sign in to follow this  
Erkor

.phase forge [npc] reputation

Considering the development team was able to influence scarcely-documented databases like the Lightning table and the CelestialBody table, my poor grasp on WoW's data systems makes me think that this might be possible and I hope that it is.

The suggestion

.phase forge reputation

A way to phase forge new reputation factions into your phase and manipulate players' standing with those factions within the phase.

The Use Case

Of course, the primary use case people will consider when seeing this as an idea is to add a custom header to the tooltip, but I think that's a reductive mindset. Of course, creating a new reputation faction called something like 'The Invisible Hand' that's neutral to all is one thing, but what if you wanted to host a roleplay guild or phase with reactive reputation? Horde, Alliance, and other miscellaneous reputations (e.g. Sporeggar; Kurenai; Mag'har) can work, but there are no amenities -- at the moment -- to let a DM change a player's reputation standing with a given faction. As such, the only way you could semi-reliably grant or revoke another player's reputation with a faction is if you got them to utilize a macro, Arcanum spell, or Arcanum spark to that end.

If it's not possible to do this without breaking things, then that's obviously fine! It'd be disappointing in a general sense, but it is what it is. I do think, however, that there's a valid use case to this that wouldn't invalidate something like .phase forge npc displayfaction, as the two wouldn't need to be mutually exclusive; a custom faction could be hidden in a similar way for reasons ranging from immersion to story pacing.

Edited by Erkor

[Gunmar] says: "I can't believe this 'Arahi' woman went down so fast. Storm my arse."

GUd5X5D.png

Spoiler

wye3c336bj4.jpg

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png