Beira

Edit: NPCs are not retaining two weapons

When trying to generate some guard NPCs, I've given them a mace and shield; whichever I give them second is the one they retain, the first item vanishing when I leave and return. In some cases they may lose both items altogether. I've also made use of sharpshooter guard NPCs with rifles, however they do retain their guns, so either one item-only works or the bow placement does rather than the main- or offhand placements.

Edit: As of today, 8/10/17, my custom NPCs are not keeping their weapons at all. Even those I've given only one weapon now keep losing them.

Edit: As of 8/13/17, NPCs are retaining one weapon, but still won't hold onto two.

Edited by Fraenir
Updated Information

I had a same issue, I gave some guard NPCs of mine a polearm and a shield, and after I returned the first time, they had no polearm, only a shield. So I gave them a new polearm, so now they had a polearm and a shield, but when I came back another time afterwards, they lacked the shield and had only the polearm.

coollogo_com-22769966.png

8 hours ago, Anubis said:

I had a same issue, I gave some guard NPCs of mine a polearm and a shield, and after I returned the first time, they had no polearm, only a shield. So I gave them a new polearm, so now they had a polearm and a shield, but when I came back another time afterwards, they lacked the shield and had only the polearm.

Yup. It's been that way since the NPC forge has been implemented. Has yet to be fixed.

Hey there, and thank you for the bug report! :)
Apologies for the slow response but it has now been added to the list of bugs that we'll be working through in the near future!

#Soon™ - // Xeslite

This only falls apart when you have two handed weapons at play. NPCs can't Titan's Grip. Looks to be a client limitation rather than what the server is sending. Can't do much about it, sorry. But the other issues were solved.