Sign in to follow this  
Insomnia

A List of my Suggestions

Hello to whom ever may be reading this, but I am just writing down some bits and bobs I think would be nice to have on the server.  

More Meshes:  I think it would be nice to have more 3D meshes on the character model, for example the new 7.3 Legion belts and pouches.  Perhaps on the chest, arms, legs, belt, ect.  This helps with character diversity and making no two characters look the same.  --Of course, this isn't a priority.

Phase Management System: Though I have been reassured in past that this is coming, I have to reitterate how important it is to the server's survival.  What we have currently "Works", but it doesn't thrive.  We need the ability to randomly log on and do ".rp list" and see who is hosting.

.App and .summon fix:  This needs to be fixed, when someone .apps or .summon across phases, it will put you into an infinite loading screen.  I have a method of fixing this.  Simply do as RPH and I believe Divinity X did it.  When you try to app cross phase, make it no work and say what phase they're in instead.  If the phase is locked, make it so they can't enter.  Problem solved.

More Cloaks and Standard Weapons: I know this isn't very important either, but I think we should have more options for normal looking weapons and cloaks.  For example, I know Mordred's cloaks are coming and I know that the RPH cloaks coming is a rumor going around.  But I think that something akin to Mordred's weapon patch being added would be nice.  And more cloaks for options is always nice.

This is just a few examples of what I think the server should get, if I think anything else up I will write more down.  Hope this gets read, good luck staff!

fdfgsdfgs.png

You can pop in cloaks to your first suggestion of more meshes.

I did make an rp list addon, but it is by no means a blanket fix. A bandaid soloution is never a great fix, but it sort of works (relying on the player to be online to read rp event adverts).

The app and summon stuff is bad, especially when people can mass summon players into the phase and effectively kick everyone out of the game due to them having to restart their clients. Having app on by default, and summon off would be nice.

Tbh, I have no idea what's going on with Epsilon and I assume that im not alone at all in thinking this.

Good suggestions, will try sus out how to pop in more meshes and make some of these possible in due time.

I agree with the first point, the second and the third.

Pa has also been talking about the need for an RP list for quite some time, we definitely require some sort of addon or system here, this is getting a mite ridiculous in the wait as people gnash their teeth but I see that RP is taking a step for the better as people adapt, and if people are adapting to the lack of a list, it means that the team behind Epsilon might need to step up their game but I think most people aren't leaving.

There are a lot of things that are being done right and being done right that I haven't seen before on other private servers, but it's time to adapt. Epsilon shot first with the cracking of that one code that adds new items, and it's time to keep firing on all pistons, that might sound rude, but the the Gossip Corner was stellar, perhaps more news should be shared as people feel the need to make these threads on repeat. Perhaps the Gossip Corner should be weekly until the Beta is over? I don't know, if I could put money where my mouth is, I'd do it in a heartbeart but that comes with the legalities and against the code of Epsilon that I've seen.

Discord is a perfect platform for addon developers to show their stuff, and I think Epsilon staff suffers the same fate that most developers do, they're either too lazy or scared of their content being stolen which is almost unavoidable. Perhaps it's time to take a leaf out of the Nexus modders book and start showing screenshots to people on a public medium stop gnashing at the teeth and crying out that there is no progress.

I don't want to see Epsilon die, I love you sacks of shit more than I'd care to admit.

Edited by Dizzy

Hi Insomnia,

I'm certain that anything I say about the Phase Manager you will have heard previously. It is a work in progress. We don't have an ETA for its completion.

As for the .appear and .summon bug, thank you for the suggestion. This should absolutely be a priority, it worked without issue in the past and I will ask Azarchius to investigate.

The other items you've suggested, i.e. cloaks, weapons, meshes, are things the developers may or may not already be working on. I can't spoil anything, but there have been some interesting screenshots!

Thank you for the post. I'm sorry it took me so long to get around to reading it, the last few days have been very hectic. I appreciate the time you put into writing this!

Epsilon_Ohana.png

Sign in to follow this