trixiewish

The 'Black Line' Tile Problem.

Hey, just want to say that this problem is easily remedied by one simple solution. You can fix this issue my having your .gob copy to be set to 3.99. there will be some minor z-fighting though it is very negligible. My phase now looks spic and span without those pesky lines.

@Azarchius This would be a great fix - precision building with tiles right now is almost impossible with them moving on a server restart.

(I am sure you have more knowledge in this than me but I assume changing the value from float to decimal or real number would allow us to avoid rounding when re-placing the object on a server restart - though might be less efficient?)

Edited by MindScape

MEwmZ8k.png

j0R3peR.gif

Not that simple. We use float. It is not a practical operation to rewrite TrinityCore to use a different one.

I will look into why the object spawns as an integer, seemingly, though? However, I should note that objects not adjusting properly is from previous tests because the server can only store up to, uh, 6 digits, I believe it was. This issue is relieved if you simply spawn in coordinates much closer to 0.

I'll take this bug report as ".gobject copy is bugged" -- if it converts from float to integer and back to float (for whatever reason, no sensible idea why that would happen) then it can be resolved. But you should know TrinityCore only saves up to 6-7 digits of float. This means that if you spawn too far from the center of the map you will have no hope of building properly. This is an issue in all private servers and a fix is not simple, but it is on the cards.

sSHRE9G.png

Oh! We made object placement a lot more precise, which means the tiny offsets at angles should be resolved. So I'm marking this as fixed. (You may still experience issues at coordinates of >1000, or definitely >10000)