ArvickCorpsebane

Arvick's super serious Death Knight guide... Kind of.

11 minutes ago, Vojtik said:

So basically opinion differences and wording. I stand that it's much simple to write in your TRP profile "gen 2 DK" than "Fallen Paladin of the Silver Hand" when it means the same and everyone understands what it means. Of course referring to yourself in conversation as "I'm DK of 1st generation" is silly.

3) As described in quest The Iron Colossus the only significant weakness of saronite is acid. Which led me (and many, many other) to know, that other things (arcane,elemental magic, possibly even explosives, ...) are just not good enough to be used against it.

Pretty much. Though I advise against mentioning generation in TRP at all... Unless in the OOC tab.

Now... as for Saronite. The keyword here is significant.

No matter how tough the colossus' armor is, it is still vulnerable to a jormungar's acid. Take control of one using the orbs along the northern edge of the Snowdrift Plains, then use it to fight the Iron Colossus on the Snowdrift Plains. If you need help controlling the creature, speak to one of the nearby handlers.

This is the exact quote from the Iron Colossus questline. As you can see, there is no mention of Saronite being indestructible by other means. Jormungar's Acid is indeed one way to get rid of Saronite, but the notion that it is the only way is simply wrong. - You have to keep in mind that Saronite is still a metal that can be mined, smelted and used in armory by the Death Knights and Lich King. - There is literally no specification that Saronite is immune to Arcane, Elemental magic or even explosives as you mentioned... It is easy to come to this misconception, but it really has no basis in canon whatsoever.

unknown.png

We have failed to prevent the completion of the iron colossus, <name>, which means we have no choice but to face it in battle. Bruor has devised a plan to exploit the colossus' only weakness.

This is also text from that quest. Key word here being "only"

8 minutes ago, Vojtik said:

We have failed to prevent the completion of the iron colossus, <name>, which means we have no choice but to face it in battle. Bruor has devised a plan to exploit the colossus' only weakness.

This is also text from that quest. Key word here being "only"

But it is remarking the Colossus' only weakness. You can't apply that to Saronite in general. - You have to keep in mind that the acid is the most effective way to get rid of Saronite, not the only way. I still fail to see where you got the idea it is immune to all forms of attacks. - It is simply very resilient. Also, keep in mind that smelted Saronite. (the thing you are wearing as a Death Knight) can be brittle.

Edited by ArvickCorpsebane

unknown.png

28 minutes ago, Vojtik said:

It's not immune to arcane, but it's still resistant to it.

2 minutes ago, ArvickCorpsebane said:

I still fail to see where you got the idea it is immune to all forms of attacks. - It is simply very resilient.

Did you even read what I wrote?

6 minutes ago, Vojtik said:

Did you even read what I wrote?

36 minutes ago, Vojtik said:

3) As described in quest The Iron Colossus the only significant weakness of saronite is acid. Which led me (and many, many other) to know, that other things (arcane,elemental magic, possibly even explosives, ...) are just not good enough to be used against it.

You are saying using anything besides Acid on Saronite is folly. But you still fail to understand that Saronite is not immune to anything you mentioned. There is simply no lore evidence to that. I believe the misconception also arose from the fact Death Knights are handy in dealing with magics (especially Unholy) - But really... That's about as far as you are going to get.

EDIT: I didn't see the edit because you edited it as I was typing out the reply. Still doesn't change the fact Saronite is resilient in nature, not some god-like metal you can use to hump everyone who isn't a Death Knight. A lot of metals in wow are resilient, some even more than Saronite.

unknown.png

You fail to understand that I'm not saying that Saronite is immune to everything. I'm saying it's just resistant to lot of stuff.

12 minutes ago, Vojtik said:

You fail to understand that I'm not saying that Saronite is immune to everything. I'm saying it's just resistant to lot of stuff.

Resistant would imply a level of immunity to Arcane magic. But really... it's not. There is no mention of that whatsoever. Saronite, in general, is very strong, nobody can deny that wherever you stand on the matter. But you are simply overexaggerating its capabilities based on one NPC that happened to be really fucking strong.

To be honest. We could theoretically argue about this to no end. Just keep in mind you can't use Saronite as an excuse to soak, reflect or nullify every attack.

unknown.png

On 7/28/2017 at 8:13 AM, Vojtik said:

So let me just correct few things.

1. DK sex - possible, however it again deals with feeling strong emotions and as most DK's are undead it won't have any result
  2. Saronite is much more resistant against physical damage. It is also HIGHLY resistant to arcane magic, which with DKs own ability to negate magic makes them almost immune to it.
  3. well you basically recited 2 first commandments of role play,which every RPer should know, but I guess is nice to remind them
  4. everyone is special snowflake. Everyone has different story, different strengths, .... 
  5. DK generation are a thing, they exists. Don't be afraid to use them and RP around it. Because there are differences in gens. Yes most people will see you as just DK, but you should know which gen are you and what it brings. (although gen 1 and 2 are very rare these days)
  6. DK's are one of the easiest classes to RP, tho truly one of the hardest to master.

1. You're dead, you can't function. I belive in DK romance, though it's not the typical romance that most people do. More so, Bobby and Sally bond over battle;basically good partners of battle. y'know maybe they might kiss but no sex, we're dead af. ( this is quite rare, though seeing as they can feel compassion roughly. it's possible though it's not worth a debate since that stuff is up to the people who play em but definetly no erp.

2. It's not immune, highly resistant to Nature and the Light. Though dude I think u might of got confused there, it's very durable when temepered ye. but, it's not resistant to arcane/fel. Tho they tested the metal, to see how durable it was and the axe's name was the Arcanite Reaper. But there is no mention of other magics being resistant. Now, you could -personally- speculate that it could be resistant to more magic since they only tested it on Light and Nature but i'd leave that to personal speculation rather than being used in any rp situation.

5. that's used for simple classification oocly, there isn't an quest or anything related to the sort that shows us generations r a thing in the lore itself.

6. I agree strongly

4. Yeah some stuff can vary on personality, i heavily agree but i think this is meant as like a starting template to start and develop from. 

btw i'm not attacking u or anything, just gonna clarify that since when using text u can sound like a dick when u don't mean 2. sorry for the shitty grammar, i can't find the effort rn due to having so little of sleep

Edited by Norshar

zxZaKpL.png                

S3SCCwW.png            

b6BCJ5k.png

Cool guide.

I'm gonna make a death knight who died in strath and was raised by cult of the damned shitters and now he just feels a compounding glimmer of guilt that makes him want to kill himself but then again he believes that he is unworthy of ending himself because in his eyes he must redeem himself for his actions and now he just follows ebon blade on broken shore and wants to make things right again.

hows this am i billy? 

18 hours ago, Grandmaster Pa said:

Cool guide.

I'm gonna make a death knight who died in strath and was raised by cult of the damned shitters and now he just feels a compounding glimmer of guilt that makes him want to kill himself but then again he believes that he is unworthy of ending himself because in his eyes he must redeem himself for his actions and now he just follows ebon blade on broken shore and wants to make things right again.

hows this am i billy? 

everything is good except the little legion detail at the end get rid of that and it's excellent