Sign in to follow this  
Erkor

Arcanum | Stock Castbar Toggle

While the default, customized casting bar for Arcanum spells is nice and has an interesting flair on it with the shield decal, I think it'd be nice if you could pick between it and the stock WoW casting bar (or, potentially, other variants, if it's up MindScape's alley!). In some situations, I think the different visual design can help add a small layer of immersion onto the spell, particularly with things like sparks or otherwise-triggered ArcSpells.

I wouldn't advocate for replacing it outright because I know there's people that will like the custom bar more, might appreciate the fact it helps differentiate an ArcSpell from an ordinary one, or might not care that much about it at all to think this is worth the effort, but I think in an addon that's already designed to supplement the process of adding flavor to roleplay, adding a bit more flavor wouldn't hurt, I think.

[Gunmar] says: "I can't believe this 'Arahi' woman went down so fast. Storm my arse."

GUd5X5D.png

Spoiler

wye3c336bj4.jpg

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

5 hours ago, Erkor said:

While the default, customized casting bar for Arcanum spells is nice and has an interesting flair on it with the shield decal, I think it'd be nice if you could pick between it and the stock WoW casting bar (or, potentially, other variants, if it's up MindScape's alley!). In some situations, I think the different visual design can help add a small layer of immersion onto the spell, particularly with things like sparks or otherwise-triggered ArcSpells.

I wouldn't advocate for replacing it outright because I know there's people that will like the custom bar more, might appreciate the fact it helps differentiate an ArcSpell from an ordinary one, or might not care that much about it at all to think this is worth the effort, but I think in an addon that's already designed to supplement the process of adding flavor to roleplay, adding a bit more flavor wouldn't hurt, I think.

You can trigger standard looking cast bars already by using the Show Castbar action, like so:

image.png.ff95541bb428681c5852d6871748cea6.png

Just make sure to do false for both the icon & shield.

You can also use a TRP3e controlled Castbar that follows the stock cast bar style also:

image.png.d082b7e0ac79beb3fea73c382eed83b7.png

Side note: The shield is actually retail-style also, for certain abilities, supposedly? Idk, those are all Stock WoW Assets I am using for the castbar still lol

MEwmZ8k.png

j0R3peR.gif

5 hours ago, MindScape said:

You can trigger standard looking cast bars already by using the Show Castbar action, like so:

image.png.ff95541bb428681c5852d6871748cea6.png

Just make sure to do false for both the icon & shield.

You can also use a TRP3e controlled Castbar that follows the stock cast bar style also:

image.png.d082b7e0ac79beb3fea73c382eed83b7.png

Side note: The shield is actually retail-style also, for certain abilities, supposedly? Idk, those are all Stock WoW Assets I am using for the castbar still lol

OH i didnt even know that lmao thanks

[Gunmar] says: "I can't believe this 'Arahi' woman went down so fast. Storm my arse."

GUd5X5D.png

Spoiler

wye3c336bj4.jpg

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png