DerpyDoo

Bermudaes Spire

ca8375b066e51279ed5f47243b2a6739.png

When the world of Azeroth was being reformed anew, the Titans sought to populate the world with all manners of beasts.

To this end, they created the Evolution Basins, great pits and installations who's purpose was to shape life carefully into forms to be spread across the planet.

Two of these are very well known, Un'goro Crater and Sholazar Basin... but are they the only ones? Are they even the greatest example...?

Bermudaes Spire, an installation that dates around the creation of the original titanic complexes, has been running a program designed to create varied structured forms of life. Left to a Keeper to be observed and maintained, it remains a hidden citadel of various forms of life... but has fallen into a level of disarray.

The Keeper, addled by the Old Gods, has fallen to a deep despair and apathy as the automated systems struggle to keep up with maintaining the systems for the eons the program has been running. Though the installation is shielded with titanic technology from the outside world, Keeper Bermudaes has waited for millenia for a release code that has never come and no reason why. He has ceased to tend directly to his duties, instead simply waiting his days away for some contact from the outside world.

Left with little input, the system continues its duties as it can. The defenses ground those who fly over its domain, sending them into spiraling crashes into the spire. The nature of the leyline results in many unfortunate teleportation accidents from unlucky mages who make a mistake to choose that rarely used leyline and suddenly vanish... and ships that travel nearby find themselves entrenched in fog. Those unlucky enough run aground of rocky shores, their ships destroyed and them stranded only to be picked up by the Custodians and deposited within.

The system, left without ways to recognize other life forms, consider all life to be 'escaped specimens', depositing them within the biomes of the spire with complete lack of care to their opinions on the matter, confiscating anything they deem to be inappropriate for specimens to have (artifacts, sources of power, anything tinged with fel energy) and locking it away in a vault.

This is how it has been for dozens of centuries...

In time, a group of trolls came to live there, and with no other option they formed a tribe that has been there for many thousands of years now - dominating a good chunk of the forest biome. To them, they have a prophecy that tells of their eventual freedom at the hands of a 'chosen one' and thusly have become significantly less xenophobic. Their time in the Spire has altered them somewhat.

The water that once fed the marshlands (now barren desert) into a beautiful biome teeming with life was stolen ages ago by new.. more violent arrivals. Aqir, nerubians who arrived by chance but entrenched themselves firmly, dominate the underdark - feeding its now lush mushroomed biome with the titan-blessed waters. Unfortunately... they also block the way to the door to the spire - the only way to reach the Keeper. They do not care for freedom, instead their end goal would be to claim this entire spire under their domain, and devour their enemies.

Some creatures that exist within the biomes have been shaped over long periods of time into altered forms with unique and sometimes far more deadly abilities...

OOC Information

This project is one that i've been building since the release of Pepsi. There are occasional bugs, hiccups, and things that I have to do on the fly. However, there are a few bits of information about the phase, and rules to be noted.

• Upon joining the phase, let me know on Derpydoo! I'll invite you to a raid I almost always have running. The phase is semi-scenario, so it helps to keep most people together.
  • It is a DM-intensive phase, but i'm only one person so far, and I have to trust people to understand the story well before I can consider letting them DM. Though i'm absolutely open to other staff, they'd have to want to and be able to coordinate and communicate with me commonly - such as through Discord. For right now, it's just me. But still, I can help however I can!
  • There is an overarching story, and one that I will endeavor for people to progress through. Presuming we get through the whole story - your character can definitely make it out and escape fine! This story will likely however take many days, and require careful planning and progress to be successful.
  • Many powerful artifacts, or complex mechanical devices, are either taken away from you or destroyed by your entry into the Spire. Teleportation failures commonly result in scorched, twisted arcane focuses and singe-marks on clothing even if the player themselves is mostly fine.
  • Because of the nature of the phase, some things that are exotic can be here. And some things that arent exotic cant. If it makes PROPER sense for something to have traveled across the area of Bermudas, or had a teleportation problem, it can likely arrive here. Please ask me to be certain! That being said:
    • No Undead. It's true that the Hero of Azeroth is capable of entering titanic basins, however I feel that to be mechanics more than anything. The full truth of it is that the scourge were incapable of entering the basin while the pylons existed - and there are similar pylons here. Due to this, no undead may enter the phase.
    • No heavily fel-tainted individuals. No demons, disguised demons, demon hunters, obvious warlocks, or other fel users. The reason for this is relatively plain - Fel is one of the major enemies of the Titans. They are fully capable of detecting it with sensors that would be commonplace in a titanic installation, and it would set them on high alert, declaring it a Legion incursion. Using or leaking fel in a titanic installation that's still active would spell disintegration.
    • Similarly, those who are highly shadow-corrupted would go under the prior rule. Though Shadow is an addling force more likely to be able to be hidden - and even utilized, as there are nerubians who are shadowcasters within the Spire, entities who are painfully obviously shadowmancers - who might have a shadowform or ooze dark energy - would be too obvious to miss even by a glitchy system.
    • No AU individuals. Maybe a bit of a personal thing, but alternate-universe characters such as High Arakkoa, Saberon, AU Orcs and Draenei, not only would it be too soon for them to go traveling in the scope that would be required to land on Bermudaes, but I also am of the general opinion that them being on Azeroth is more of a hassle than anything. Main Universe Arakkoa are exempt from this ruling, however it should still be noted they should be rare.
    • Those who would like to roleplay trolls from Jucha Village (or even Aqir, though prepare to not have as much interaction) may do so, after asking me and getting approval. I like the notion of entities who have been there for a long time! However, it'll be a bit of work to become familiar with all the lore there. I'd definitely appreciate as well someone who's interested in trollish decoration to help liven up Jucha Village with small details! I can build vast landscapes, buuuut sometimes small details really get me.
    • Feel free to go invis and explore the phase! I don't have problems with people checking out the build, and ill happily answer questions.

2 hours ago, BeardwithLegs said:

Let the random custom lore phases begin!

Interesting concept.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

creature.png

Thx. I've been working on it for quite a little while now, I wanted to do it while I was still playing Bye Simulator but I realized I likely would lose it.

Also I love playing Ukko :D

Edited by DerpyDoo

I've taken to putting down main storyline information and progress. Or at least, trying to. Information about what has occurred in-phase can be seen here: