Sign in to follow this  
Cain

Spaced names

Is there any reason we can't make spaced names? I know you can do it in TRP3 but I much prefer to have my real character name be spaced than my TRP name.

I don't think it would require a lot of work to either make players able to do it in-game or on the website.

This is able to be done with the .rename command, but I think it's a bit bugged at the moment, so you may have to wait on Az to give it the ole' fixaroo.

edkEI8P.png

https://curiouscat.me/mordred

Ask me anything, server related or no.

2 hours ago, Mordred said:

This is able to be done with the .rename command, but I think it's a bit bugged at the moment, so you may have to wait on Az to give it the ole' fixaroo.

Ah, hadn't actually seen we had a .rename command, I hope Az fixes it soon. :)

21 hours ago, shadowbunny88 said:

It increases my immersion to be able to read people's full names above their heads and it's also good to put in 2x effort to whisper them.

Exactly. There is also a addon if I remember correctly to help with whispering to characters with spaced names.

This is just my personal Opinion after speaking with some people revolving WoW Development.

Its a lot better and more user friendly not having spaced names. They cause more issues than its worth.

3 hours ago, Xeslite said:

This is just my personal Opinion after speaking with some people revolving WoW Development.

Its a lot better and more user friendly not having spaced names. They cause more issues than its worth.

Because it takes more time to whisper someone?

With the TRP3 function available I do not see the need for spaced names given we do already have spaced names. But - if people want to have that type of detail and investment into their characters, then hell yeah. It takes far less energy to not give a shit whether or not a name is spaced or not; than it does to spend energy argueing about it.

4 hours ago, Morgus said:

Because it takes more time to whisper someone?

That is simply one of many reasons. Most of the reasons aren't user-side. They're mostly on the back end of things. In short. To make things work normally a whole bunch of extra work is needed. At the same time TRP has it covered.

15 hours ago, Xeslite said:

That is simply one of many reasons. Most of the reasons aren't user-side. They're mostly on the back end of things. In short. To make things work normally a whole bunch of extra work is needed. At the same time TRP has it covered.

Guess it's up to the dev team, I would love if we got real spaced names.

On 8/23/2017 at 9:15 AM, shadowbunny88 said:

It increases my immersion to be able to read people's full names above their heads and it's also good to put in 2x effort to whisper them.

On 8/24/2017 at 6:51 AM, Morgus said:

Exactly. There is also a addon if I remember correctly to help with whispering to characters with spaced names.

Look at the KUI Nameplates under Roleplay / Immersion, it allows you to have the names above people's heads as their full TRP3 name.

MEwmZ8k.png

j0R3peR.gif

13 hours ago, MindScape said:

Look at the KUI Nameplates under Roleplay / Immersion, it allows you to have the names above people's heads as their full TRP3 name.

Thanks. <3

Sign in to follow this