Sign in to follow this  
Switch

.Gob Move Suggestion + Additionals.

I'd like to suggest an addition to how the current .gob move function works.

In its current state, using .gob move forces the object to the players current standing position. This is great, and will be helpful as the object adopts the orientation and position of the player.

What would be nice however is the ability to move an object relative to the direction a player is facing/standing, as well as directly based on where the gobject was originally placed without summoning it to the players position. (Identical to .gob move and .gob rel for anyone familiar with RPH).

Additionally, I'd also like to suggest the implementation of a [Spawn] button for the gobject lookup list, and [Goto] [Activate] [Delete] and [Spawn] buttons for selected objects, as these would be incredibly time-saving additions.

EVJJ5Rd.jpg

Edited by Switchblade Symphony

4 hours ago, Switchblade Symphony said:

I'd like to suggest an addition to how the current .gob move function works.

In its current state, using .gob move forces the object to the players current standing position. This is great, and will be helpful as the object adopts the orientation and position of the player.

What would be nice however is the ability to move an object relative to the direction a player is facing/standing, as well as directly based on where the gobject was originally placed without summoning it to the players position. (Identical to .gob move and .gob rel for anyone familiar with RPH).

Additionally, I'd also like to suggest the implementation of a [Spawn] button for the gobject lookup list, and [Goto] [Activate] [Delete] and [Spawn] buttons for selected objects, as these would be incredibly time-saving additions.

EVJJ5Rd.jpg

GO move relative is already a thing - try using ".go move 1 forward" or such.

MEwmZ8k.png

j0R3peR.gif

Oddly enough I tried that and kept having the object ported to wherever I was standing. Unless ".gob move 1 f" isn't the correct syntax, and it needs to be ".gob move 1 forward" specifically, in which case shortening it would be greatly appreciated..

1 hour ago, Switchblade Symphony said:

Oddly enough I tried that and kept having the object ported to wherever I was standing. Unless ".gob move 1 f" isn't the correct syntax, and it needs to be ".gob move 1 forward" specifically, in which case shortening it would be greatly appreciated..

I might not have the syntax completely correct. Use ".help gob move" and you'll get a syntax message (or should) with how to do it. I know it's there though.

MEwmZ8k.png

j0R3peR.gif

Try .gobject move forward 1 - the "forward" is it's own command and not input to .gobject move

Sign in to follow this