Sign in to follow this  
Scarlet

Advertise Phases 24/7 with Autobroadcast

I'd just like to request that phases that are open 24/7 be allowed to be advertised through Trinity core's autobroadcast. I think this could be a good way to show good phases even when they aren't actively hosting, and also be a good way for our creative builders to try and meet any criteria that would be required for something like this. The way we could do this is maybe allow phase owners to put in a sort of application containing the phase ID, info, and a hosting message, so staff can take a look at the phase and then Azarchius or Deramyr could possibly add the messages at around 2 hour intervals so they don't clog up chat. I'm sure there's fine details that would have to be taken care of for something like this, but again, it would be a good way to truly have well-built phases open 24/7.

Though this could also be remedied via phase manager with a phase list, whenever we finally get it.

find me on discord @Lehvie#1473

or just find me on a certain other server.
have fun boys

@ScharlakenRose, really like this suggestion. However..

A extension to this could be implemented in the form of a toggle command like .ph hosted on/off

This command basically toggling whether or not the phase is hosted 24/7. And with x+ amount of players in it, the phase gets autohosted.
A minimum player amount requirement to filter out old phases with .ph hosted still toggled on.

When multiple phases with more than the requirement in which are hosted toggled on, it could randomize whatever gets autobroadcasted.

34 minutes ago, Xeslite said:

@ScharlakenRose, really like this suggestion. However..

A extension to this could be implemented in the form of a toggle command like .ph hosted on/off

This command basically toggling whether or not the phase is hosted 24/7. And with x+ amount of players in it, the phase gets autohosted.
A minimum player amount requirement to filter out old phases with .ph hosted still toggled on.

When multiple phases with more than the requirement in which are hosted toggled on, it could randomize whatever gets autobroadcasted.

This would probably work better than what I suggested

find me on discord @Lehvie#1473

or just find me on a certain other server.
have fun boys

I'm not certain this would contribute to the role-play scene. What I see happening is particular phases emerge more popular than the rest. While X phase is not actively role-playing, it is hosted and players idle in it for its established popularity making Y and Z phases, which are actively role-playing, fall behind.

I like the idea of the #roleplay-ads channel on our Discord server, you can advertise your phase and say that it is open at all times. But I do not think inactive phases should be competing with active phases in the game channels.

Edited by Witch

Epsilon_Ohana.png

Anything that promotes roleplay on a server that really is needing it is a good suggestion to my eyes.

10 hours ago, Romeo said:

Anything that promotes roleplay on a server that really is needing it is a good suggestion to my eyes.

I would not opposed to a 24/7 .rp list channel. For example, as you are preparing to host your phase you can opt to list it and then advertise independently of that list using that .eventann channel.

What is more important right now is a method by which players can find and attend role-play. We have been told the administration will reconsider this command. Let us hope it becomes a priority.

Epsilon_Ohana.png

Sign in to follow this