Sign in to follow this  
Firestorm

Custom Items - Spell trinkets/rings/etc

Earlier, I was chatting about custom items and why they would be a great addition.

Since such items aren't visible when equipped, it's easy to add a spell to them for the item to cast when equipped, and uncast when removed. Spells such as visuals and other sorts so you don't have to memorize spell IDs - just equip the trinket.

65IWup-hRCqML3-mY6slEw.png

2IsCcQMvQxybnBosX5bLnA.png

chase.png

Screenshot_6.png

Tia.png

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_1.png

azar.png

Screenshot_18.png

Custom item forge will be added at some point.

Custom items with spells, unsure, but I don't see why not. Keeping track of a load of .casts isn't always fun, and can waste precious macro slots for building. :')

Zandalari Signature N' The Nekkid Troles.png

Or you could just learn the spells instead of .cast 'ing em all the time

coollogo_com-22769966.png

I reckon an addon would fulfil this purpose even better than having a bunch of trinkets cluttering your inventory. You could even have a sidebar or something with names you can toggle on/off and the like.

On 7/28/2017 at 11:05 AM, War-God Matt said:

Custom item forge will be added at some point.

Custom items with spells, unsure, but I don't see why not. Keeping track of a load of .casts isn't always fun, and can waste precious macro slots for building. :')

My thoughts exactly :)

On 7/28/2017 at 11:42 PM, Deramyr said:

I reckon an addon would fulfil this purpose even better than having a bunch of trinkets cluttering your inventory. You could even have a sidebar or something with names you can toggle on/off and the like.

But who's going to go through the time to make such an addon? As useful as it'd be, dunno. 

65IWup-hRCqML3-mY6slEw.png

2IsCcQMvQxybnBosX5bLnA.png

chase.png

Screenshot_6.png

Tia.png

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_1.png

azar.png

Screenshot_18.png

On 30/07/2017 at 8:20 PM, Firestorm said:

But who's going to go through the time to make such an addon? As useful as it'd be, dunno. 

Why not you do it?

With .cast available and also .learn I don't really see the problem. Any custom item with desired effect will still have a spell you have previously learned or could learn. It's not exhausting to click a spell in your toolbar.

With item forge, I don't think it'll be hard to just drop a simple field for "Spell" though. And I'd assume this was already planned anyways tho

MEwmZ8k.png

j0R3peR.gif

Why not just modify the spell files to make every spell have an icon? I believe Chase did something similar at one point in time. Good times, I was an asshole.

Sign in to follow this